Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#102 ·
Something a little unique I think.....

This is my grown-up bmx neighborhood bike. It was actually relatively inexpensive until I started adding personal touches....like different wheels, tires, brakes, seat, stem, pedals, etc. BUT...it's a fun bike for sure.

Cool! I found a use for that inexpensive tandem crankset off of ebay.

#106 ·
troyer2112 said:
wow nice one. i have drooled over the 69er SS. where do you live? the reason i ask is your permanent granny ss chainring. :thumbsup:
I live in Salinas, Ca. I decided to run BMX cranks and chain ring just to be different. The gearing is actually 23/13 which is basically the same as 32/18. It works pretty good too!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#107 ·
rolondo said:
This is my grown-up bmx neighborhood bike. It was actually relatively inexpensive until I started adding personal touches....like different wheels, tires, brakes, seat, stem, pedals, etc. BUT...it's a fun bike for sure.

Cool! I found a use for that inexpensive tandem crankset off of ebay.
Nice ride Dude what bike is it ? I like the extra tube . Looks a bit like a Champion ( BMX )

#109 · (Edited)
This is my Actual BMX 29er and an SS converted to BMX style . I know these probly aint considered REAL bikes to some of you MTBers , but i got addicted to bmx 2 years ago and now have numerouse bikes 12" ,16", 20 , 24 ,26" and these 29ers .The problem is that im too big and old for the smaller bikes but i've seen the light and am considering a Cannondale 29er / lefty fork but since the economy isnt that great right now i just have to deal with what i have .

#117 ·
here's my 2003 bianchi S.I.S.S.

Just getting back into it - commuted for 3 years in Baltimore, but have never had the time or money to get into trail riding. Wow. This bike is really rewarding to ride, if that makes sense...it doesn't make anything easy, but just literally puts a smile on my face when I'm ripping up miles of singletrack (probably the same reason most of you ride SS).

:thumbsup:

photos were taken while riding around town, the bike IS dirty now.

#121 ·
proline69 said:
Nice save , so what type of parts did you use to complete the build ?
new:
Mary Bar
18er DXR Cog
self-designed Chainring (for broad chains in stainless steel, lasered)
no-name seatclamp

used parts:
Deore DX wheels
Avid Arch Rival V-Brakes
right XT crank
Thomson seatpost
Flite Titanium
2x 2,35" Nobby Nic Tires
Wippermann Weißstern chain
Wellgo Flatpedals + SPD-Pedals (not sure which to take)
Elite Bottleholder (2nd coming soon)

I guess that´s it.

#124 ·
I have 2. One is for the trails; the other will be in charge of carrying the babyseat.

The Salsa is 32x18 magic gear with 1/2 link; the Specialized is 32x20 magic gear with 1/2 link.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.