#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#90 ·
Matt Chester Mutinyman:

Jeff Jones SpaceFrame:

Which do I like better?
Both. :thumbsup:

Seriously, some days I like the low, racey feeling of the Chester. It's flexy and comfy and what I'll probably race most of the time. Other days I love the bomb-proofness and indestruct-ability of the Jones. It's a few pounds heavier, but I can jump around with aplomb, then put it away wet. I'm glad I have both. :D

#94 ·
Drevil said:
Matt Chester Mutinyman:

Jeff Jones SpaceFrame:

Which do I like better?
Both. :thumbsup:

Seriously, some days I like the low, racey feeling of the Chester. It's flexy and comfy and what I'll probably race most of the time. Other days I love the bomb-proofness and indestruct-ability of the Jones. It's a few pounds heavier, but I can jump around with aplomb, then put it away wet. I'm glad I have both. :D
Congrats on that Jones - I've liked those since the first time I saw one - just $$$$$. Nice bike.... good for you! :thumbsup:

#98 · (Edited)
Just finished building a new 1x1. Been riding it every day. After riding FS for so long I'm really enjoying the power transfer of a fully rigid. Today I tried to pop a wheelie, and went straight onto my back with my feet still attached, glad no one was watching. BTW 26" SS is alive and well ;) although I might throw a 29" on the front for fun when I get some more cash.

Specs

SURLY 1x1 20"
Cranks: Surly mr whirly w/ BB
32:16 Surly whirly:ENO
Rear wheel is a surly disc hub w/ f519 rim (prolly throw discs on soon)
Avid 7's v-brakes front and rear
Cane creek front wheel
Thomson elite seatpost
Koski seat (soon the be replaced, ouch!)
Bars: Race face evolve DH 27"
Headset: Cane Creek Tank hit 2
Grips: titec hellbent
Stem: raceface
chain: KMC 610HX
Pedals: mallet 2's

[/URL][/IMG]

This was my first but not last build. I really took my time and tried to learn as much as possible. Thanks to the people on this forum, my lurking taught me a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.