Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#46 ·
repoman said:
Here's my '06 Jamis Exile. I bought this last year from Jenson for $625. Swapped out some parts, resold the OEM stuff I removed, and bought some replacement parts. Upgrades from stock:

• Fox F80 RL replaced the crappy Manitou Axle Platinum shock.
  • On One Mary Bar and Stem
  • Kenda Nevegal Tires and stock rims converted to Tubeless using Stans Rimstrips and Sealent.
  • White Industrys ENO 18T freewheel
  • Classic Selle Italia Flite Saddle
  • Time ATAC pedals
  • Oury Grips

The new weight stands at just over 24 lbs (down from 26.5 lbs stock).
The Hayes Sole brakes are the next to go. Steel is real...this bike rides like a dream!

Repo...

That looks a LOT like my bike. Same frame, handlebar, freewheel, seat. I have changed to Elixir CR since this pic was taken. You are right, it is a really nice riding frame.

#51 ·
pyze-guy said:
didn't pick that up from an absurdly nice guy at a great price at pape subway station did ya?
:thumbsup:

looks great in it's new incarnation!
oddly enough I've been looking at monstercrossing something and my old hoolie popped into my head!
if you ever feel like it, I fit 29x2" tires in that thing, only about 4 mm of mud clearance IIRC, but 29x42's or something will fit great i figure!

enjoy the old big red dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.