Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,701 ·
ilmfat said:
sasquatch: wheres that trail in ur pic? thats a good lookin trail. hopefully its close.
That trail is in my back yard :thumbsup: It's been raining nonstop for nearly 2 weeks and most of my trails are like a creek now (2 inches of running water everywhere) and this was the driest. I just wanted to ride a bit so took the bike out for a quick few laps. It was actually slightly raining/misting when I took this pic so that's why it looks foggy. A lot of my pics are from my back yard because I don't like to stop riding when I'm somewhere else :lol: I've got a good mix of hills and various terrain to play on.

ilmfat said:
ill tell you what, when i see those green rims ill pretend to have a mechanical (as there is NO WAY i could chase him down) and ill smack him around for u
:yawn: Let's see you try bud :smilewinkgrin:

#1,704 ·
ilmfat said:
i friggin hate you ;)
You just made my day 10x better :lol:

ilmfat said:
dude, if i came to that trail, all id do is ride.

thats a good looking trail.
Here is another pic I snapped the other day, this trail is a bit wider due to it being used for quads in the summer, the center is shallower because of mountain bikes and dirt bikes, so as you can see there was about 2" of flowing water (it's downhill, live a small river). From all the action it sees in the summer and how hard packed it becomes, it actually wasn't too squishy/muddy until the 3rd lap. I've got a few more pictures but I was having trouble sending them from my phone to my email to upload them, and of course this phone doesn't have a memory card that I could simply use.

#1,706 ·
ilmfat said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude. i seriously hate you. i wanna zap you with my mind or something.

that looks like my kind of trail.
You've motivated me to give uploading those other pictures another chance...so here you are bro :D

This is the exact same trail/bike position as the last picture I posted, just looking up hill instead of down, one of the entrances to the trail is at the top by the shed.

And this picture is going out at the top on the other side exiting into the bonfire pit/backyard area behind the house. This trail was very soft from the rain because it does not see as much quad action as it does dirt bike and mountain bike (hence why only half of the trail is worn), but still a blast to ride.

Enjoy ilmfat, enjoy :cool:

#1,707 · (Edited)
:p
ilmfat said:
shawn: id love to see some pics of the infusion. that bike always called to me back in the day. weird thing is, its got the same shape (ish) as the ellsworth enlightenment, and i think the ellsworth is hideous. (sorry i said it, but there it is.)
Well, I was putting it back together. I have all the parts, then I got to involved with the carbon build and I haven't finished it. I wish it had a rear disc tab. I'm not a fan of v-brakes. And I just haven't had the drive to finish it. So, I was thinking about selling the frame. If you are interested, PM me. It's a medium, I bought it from Cambria and they were blems. So, it has a paint blem on the top tube. It has a little chain rub on it, but other then that it is in great condition. I'll take some pics and post them when I have some time. I want to build something different, but I just don't know what yet.

#1,711 ·
Have I played recently?

Singular Swift

with....

'08 Rockshox Reba fork, 100mm
Titec H-bars, EZ-Off Silver
RaceFace Deus stem, chrome!
Ergon grips
XTR M952 180mm cranks
Homebrew components 32t spiderless chainring
HBC 21t two piece cog
Hope SS rear hub
Hope Mono Mini brakes, 160mm rotors front and rear
DT Swiss X470 rims

Here we are together after our dance in CAT2 SS class at Sea Otter Classic 2011...

I love this bike. I would take it out in back of the school and get it pregnant if I could.

#1,713 ·
Full Suspension Single Speed

Couldn't go any lower than a 16t cog or possibly a 14t cog for a 7" FS (LBS didn't have a 14t cog) or my rear shock wouldn't be able to fully compress. Meh, oh well! Took it on a ride and damn I love not having a 9spd cassette. :thumbsup:

#1,714 ·
'09 Trek 6700
Crankbrothers Candy X's
Origin 8 SS Kit
Sram PC-1 Chain
32x18

Never rode singlespeed until now, usually ride a 1x9 but i figured id try it just for fun... seems to have been a good idea and its growing on me, as long as my legs can keep up

Tried to fit the chain without the chain tensioner but with a half link it was a hair short and with a fill link it was too long
Tried a 16t cog aswell but i suppose it will have to live with the tensioner.

I really didnt want to have a tensioner so i could ditch my hanger and never have to worry about it bending again.. any suggestions?

#1,716 ·
quick_2 said:
'09 Trek 6700
Crankbrothers Candy X's
Origin 8 SS Kit
Sram PC-1 Chain
32x18

Never rode singlespeed until now, usually ride a 1x9 but i figured id try it just for fun... seems to have been a good idea and its growing on me, as long as my legs can keep up

Tried to fit the chain without the chain tensioner but with a half link it was a hair short and with a fill link it was too long
Tried a 16t cog aswell but i suppose it will have to live with the tensioner.

I really didnt want to have a tensioner so i could ditch my hanger and never have to worry about it bending again.. any suggestions?

Watch our for that ilmfat guy, he'll getcha what you aren't looking. My suggestion for the chain issue is ride the chain with a tensioner for a while and let it stretch, then throw it on with the half link. See if that works. I ran into a similar issue with my bike where the chain fits perfectly when it's new, but after one ride it stretched too much and needed a tensioner.

Also, even if you ditch the tensioner you can't ditch the hanger, with that type of frame it is part of the dropout and you can't run without it. I'd suggest just cutting it off and shaping it to match the other dropout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.