Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,155 ·
Free Giant Iguana singlespeed got updated with a RaceFace stem, Cannondale bars, Shimano crank, Salsa bashguard, XT calipers, LX levers, Bontrager SuperStock wheels, Selle somethingorother saddle, Kenda BlueGroove/Nevegal tires, Shimano carbonfiber brake booster.
Cost: $0, the ride on the otherhand is priceless. This thing is a shredder!

Attachments

#2,204 ·
a Giant fan?:thumbsup: a few questions!
what year is this IGUANA? i regret letting go o my scrambled egg colored 1991 (?) model...still looking for one. so how did you get the chain tensioned just right? what exact shimano crankset did you get for this?

i have the same stem adaptor on my 1993 Giant Innova, works great for transforming the older models...more of a mutantcross but loves the trails and is in the process of surgery (has gone from 21-speed, to 7-speed...it's shifting cables are already cut but ready to have that dangling derailleur removed ;)

#2,160 ·
You've got it! Just a 1" quill adapter with a 1 1/8" stem clamped on.

Here's my other SS whippersnapper.
2011 Giant STP
2010 Lyrik Solo Air dropped to 100mm
28h LaserDisc Trail wheels build with straight guage spokes
Gravity Light cranks
Premium Slims
FUNN bars/saddle
34-17 via Crupi cog/Saint ring

Protaper 720AM bars and Thomson 50mm X4 stem are on the way. The cranks are coming off to be replaced with a 175mm XT crank. WTB Silverado and Thomson post will be ordered shortly.

23.2lbs as it sits.

-Kevin

Attachments

#2,162 ·
Surly 1x1

Finished the build an hour ago.
20in Surly 1x1
Fox F100RL
Stans Flow-White Industries Eno/Mi6
Schwalbe Hans Dampf +Stans no tubes
White Industries Trails FW 18t
Home brew components 32T Chainring Purple
Sram PC890 Chain
XT M770 Crank
XTR M980 pedals
Thomson Stem and Seat post
Chris King Headset
Easton Haven Bar
185/160 Avid BB7 with Speed Dial 7 levers and Jag wire rip cord

Went a little over budget!

Attachments

#2,173 · (Edited)
29er Truss downtube... Prototype...

Well thanks to this forum I have been building on my knowledge for some time now.
This is my Bike, Haven't got a name for it yet.
I have designed it as a All mountain Single Speed sort of bike, if that makes any sense.
I jump it as you can see by the low seat, I race XC and Enduro, and I plan on trying to race some downhill on it. I feels very capable but I have not ridden heaps of bikes.
I made a mistake of making it probably 25mm too short as you can see by the seat all the way back.
CrMo Tig welded.
But I am happy, just trying to source some Ti to build the proper one.
HA 70'
SA 73' (effective)
CS 420mm
TT 583mm (effective)
BB 295mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.