Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,274 · (Edited)
Here is my 07 Redline Monocog 26r. When I bought it, it was olive green, rusty and had a bunch of worn out parts. It was in need of a major bicycle make over, and I am happy with the transformation. I took it out on it's maiden voyage last week and was shocked at how well it got around. Going from a full suspension to a full rigid single speed was a big jump for me, but I am happy I did it.

#1,279 ·
2009 Vassago Jabberwocky

I absolutely love this bike.

16" Jabberwocky
Fox F29 G2 at 100mm
Stans Arch Rims laced to Hope Pro II hubs
Hayes Stoker Trail brakes
Salsa Pro Moto Carbon bars- 17 Deg
Chris King headset
Spec'd Captain on rear, Purgatory on front
Nothing else is particularly fancy...

Attachments

#1,280 ·
Hi

This is my first single speed build. I wanted a distinctive frame with an orange and black paint theme.

Frame is a GT Arrowhead circa 1998, most components are BBB, Chain Tensioner is from Superstar Components.

Need new saddle and riser bars to be really happy

Only cycled round the block on it but so far lovin' single speed :)

Attachments

#1,281 ·
Overdrive said:
My early 90s mtb race frame came back from extended loan this year.
Still had the original fork, put that on and have been enjoying my first SS.

How are you tensioning the chain?

I'm thinking of doing something similar. I have a '93 or '94 Diamondback DBR Titanium hardtail with an old Rockshox Mag21 fork. I still have the original steel fork, and I'm thinking of converting this bike to a fully rigid singlespeed.

#1,283 ·
Misbehavious said:
Hi

This is my first single speed build. I wanted a distinctive frame with an orange and black paint theme.

Frame is a GT Arrowhead circa 1998, most components are BBB, Chain Tensioner is from Superstar Components.

Need new saddle and riser bars to be really happy

Only cycled round the block on it but so far lovin' single speed :)
Did you painted the stanchions on that fork?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.