Page 69 of 228 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5688
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmfat
    sasquatch: wheres that trail in ur pic? thats a good lookin trail. hopefully its close.
    That trail is in my back yard It's been raining nonstop for nearly 2 weeks and most of my trails are like a creek now (2 inches of running water everywhere) and this was the driest. I just wanted to ride a bit so took the bike out for a quick few laps. It was actually slightly raining/misting when I took this pic so that's why it looks foggy. A lot of my pics are from my back yard because I don't like to stop riding when I'm somewhere else I've got a good mix of hills and various terrain to play on.

ill tell you what, when i see those green rims ill pretend to have a mechanical (as there is NO WAY i could chase him down) and ill smack him around for u

Let's see you try bud

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    dude, if i came to that trail, all id do is ride.

thats a good looking trail.

i friggin hate you

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    shawn: id love to see some pics of the infusion. that bike always called to me back in the day. weird thing is, its got the same shape (ish) as the ellsworth enlightenment, and i think the ellsworth is hideous. (sorry i said it, but there it is.)

mtbr member
    i friggin hate you

You just made my day 10x better

dude, if i came to that trail, all id do is ride.

thats a good looking trail.
    Here is another pic I snapped the other day, this trail is a bit wider due to it being used for quads in the summer, the center is shallower because of mountain bikes and dirt bikes, so as you can see there was about 2" of flowing water (it's downhill, live a small river). From all the action it sees in the summer and how hard packed it becomes, it actually wasn't too squishy/muddy until the 3rd lap. I've got a few more pictures but I was having trouble sending them from my phone to my email to upload them, and of course this phone doesn't have a memory card that I could simply use.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude. i seriously hate you. i wanna zap you with my mind or something.

that looks like my kind of trail.

mtbr member
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude. i seriously hate you. i wanna zap you with my mind or something.

that looks like my kind of trail.
    You've motivated me to give uploading those other pictures another chance...so here you are bro

This is the exact same trail/bike position as the last picture I posted, just looking up hill instead of down, one of the entrances to the trail is at the top by the shed.

And this picture is going out at the top on the other side exiting into the bonfire pit/backyard area behind the house. This trail was very soft from the rain because it does not see as much quad action as it does dirt bike and mountain bike (hence why only half of the trail is worn), but still a blast to ride.

Enjoy ilmfat, enjoy

mtbr member
    shawn: id love to see some pics of the infusion. that bike always called to me back in the day. weird thing is, its got the same shape (ish) as the ellsworth enlightenment, and i think the ellsworth is hideous. (sorry i said it, but there it is.)
    Well, I was putting it back together. I have all the parts, then I got to involved with the carbon build and I haven't finished it. I wish it had a rear disc tab. I'm not a fan of v-brakes. And I just haven't had the drive to finish it. So, I was thinking about selling the frame. If you are interested, PM me. It's a medium, I bought it from Cambria and they were blems. So, it has a paint blem on the top tube. It has a little chain rub on it, but other then that it is in great condition. I'll take some pics and post them when I have some time. I want to build something different, but I just don't know what yet.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 04-24-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    sasquatch: you better look out for a big apple equipped jabber.

cant catch you on a bike, so ill have to surprise you in a parking lot.

mtbr member
    sasquatch: you better look out for a big apple equipped jabber.

cant catch you on a bike, so ill have to surprise you in a parking lot.
    Don't **** with me son Assuming you watch t.v. and have seen my commercials, you know what happens to dudes that mess with sasquatch

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    thats it. ill bribe you with jerkey.

ballbuster
    Have I played recently?

Singular Swift

with....

'08 Rockshox Reba fork, 100mm
    Titec H-bars, EZ-Off Silver
    RaceFace Deus stem, chrome!
    Ergon grips
    XTR M952 180mm cranks
    Homebrew components 32t spiderless chainring
    HBC 21t two piece cog
    Hope SS rear hub
    Hope Mono Mini brakes, 160mm rotors front and rear
    DT Swiss X470 rims

Here we are together after our dance in CAT2 SS class at Sea Otter Classic 2011...

I love this bike. I would take it out in back of the school and get it pregnant if I could.

mtbr member
    thats it. ill bribe you with jerkey.
    damn.

Blue Pig

Full Suspension Single Speed

Couldn't go any lower than a 16t cog or possibly a 14t cog for a 7" FS (LBS didn't have a 14t cog) or my rear shock wouldn't be able to fully compress. Meh, oh well! Took it on a ride and damn I love not having a 9spd cassette.

I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

XC/Trail
    Apr 2009
    '09 Trek 6700
    Crankbrothers Candy X's
    Origin 8 SS Kit
    Sram PC-1 Chain
    32x18

Never rode singlespeed until now, usually ride a 1x9 but i figured id try it just for fun... seems to have been a good idea and its growing on me, as long as my legs can keep up

Tried to fit the chain without the chain tensioner but with a half link it was a hair short and with a fill link it was too long
    Tried a 16t cog aswell but i suppose it will have to live with the tensioner.

I really didnt want to have a tensioner so i could ditch my hanger and never have to worry about it bending again.. any suggestions?

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    give it to me. problem solved.

your welcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quick_2
    '09 Trek 6700
    Crankbrothers Candy X's
    Origin 8 SS Kit
    Sram PC-1 Chain
    32x18

Never rode singlespeed until now, usually ride a 1x9 but i figured id try it just for fun... seems to have been a good idea and its growing on me, as long as my legs can keep up

Tried to fit the chain without the chain tensioner but with a half link it was a hair short and with a fill link it was too long
    Tried a 16t cog aswell but i suppose it will have to live with the tensioner.

I really didnt want to have a tensioner so i could ditch my hanger and never have to worry about it bending again.. any suggestions?

Watch our for that ilmfat guy, he'll getcha what you aren't looking. My suggestion for the chain issue is ride the chain with a tensioner for a while and let it stretch, then throw it on with the half link. See if that works. I ran into a similar issue with my bike where the chain fits perfectly when it's new, but after one ride it stretched too much and needed a tensioner.

Also, even if you ditch the tensioner you can't ditch the hanger, with that type of frame it is part of the dropout and you can't run without it. I'd suggest just cutting it off and shaping it to match the other dropout.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Don't cut it off. You will never be able to stretch a chain again when you need a new chain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy
    Don't cut it off. You will never be able to stretch a chain again when you need a new chain.
    Very good point, I did not even think of this.

@quick_2- buy another hanger, use the hanger and tensioner with new chains, use the cut hanger with stretched chains.

There, problem solved

XC/Trail
    Apr 2009
    thats odd.. i rode it earlier today without a hanger when i was trying out the other cog.. is it a structural thing or did you just think the skewer wouldnt fit on properly?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quick_2
    thats odd.. i rode it earlier today without a hanger when i was trying out the other cog.. is it a structural thing or did you just think the skewer wouldnt fit on properly?
    My frame has the same hanger as yours, I guess it could work, but I wouldn't trust it. Without it, the dropout is only 1/2 as wide as it is meant to be with the hanger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've done 3 singlespeed bikes by finding the magic gear, thereby eliminating the tensioner. There are various websites and articles that are useful, but it helps to have a few chainrings and cogs laying around that you can try. The part about the chain wearing and getting too loose is a fact of life if you don't want a tensioner. I buy the cheap SRAM 8-speed chains ($15) and replace them when they get too loose.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gears/
    http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php

You can obtain the same gear ratios by changing both cog and chainring and the result will be a different length chain required. I'm convinced that you can find the magic gear for any bike.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    push the tensioner up instead of it pulling down on the chain. world of difference.

LOVE that frame.

Low Rep Count
    That looks like the Performance tensioner and I don't think you can flip it to push up. At least I was never able to get mine to push up instead of down anyway. I gave up and bought a new frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Get one of these and be happy...http://labs.yesspro.com/products/etr-b

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    ive seen a couple people run zip ties to pull the tensioner up. prolly what ill try when i SS my reken again.

Page 69 of 228 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast