Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,700 of 6556
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Montana Ben i like it , im keen to hear how she goes on the first dirt ride .

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Love your hillbilly bike, Montana Ben. Business in the front, party in the back! My Trek 950 was stolen last year and I still haven't gotten over it...

Bad cat!
    Thanks fellers, yes I actually think it rides pretty well, once I got the cockpit kind of figured out--had a couple of different stems on there but the original makes it right...for me anyway. You can stand and crank as hard as you can, and get into the 'slot' when you come down--it's pretty nimble. Only bad is those stock Kona grips I had laying around, might as well put a couple rough rider condoms on there and call it good.
    PS sorry to hear about the 950, hang all bike thieves...

mtbr member
    Went on a ride today with a friend on some serious rock slab roll's, knarly roots and drop offs. It was like riding out west, in the midwest! Ate my friends Tall Boy alive! He lost his front tire and rear derailur and front chain ring to damage from the trail/defects. poor guy.

The SS just keeps on truckin. I stopped to take this pic while we were fixing a flat. Not a bad view. No the blue in the background isn't all sky, Lake Superior makes for a great backdrop, too bad you don't notice it as much in the pic

-Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

mtbr member
    Here's my next SS build. Picked up the carbon Lurcher frame from On-One USA at their Father's day sale ($400, I couldn't help myself). The fork just came in and while the color isn't an exact match, I think it looks pretty nice together. For anyone watching their weights, it's 1500 gr for the frame, 630 grams for the fork.
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_0172-800x429-.jpg
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_0185-800x600-.jpg
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_0176-763x800-.jpg
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_0184-800x600-.jpg

mtbr member
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342398634.900463.jpg

Just picked up this Surly 1x1 off eBay a few days ago to replace my stolen Gary Fisher Mullet. Love the bike and lovin single speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thats a nice 1x1!
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice bikes guys this thread inspired me to build my own as. I'm new to the forum and need 5 posts before I can start a thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. So hi everyone hope to learn a lot from you all.

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilva View Post
    Nice bikes guys this thread inspired me to build my own as. I'm new to the forum and need 5 posts before I can start a thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. So hi everyone hope to learn a lot from you all.
    Welcome to the SS world. Its not a fad, its a way of life.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Here's my SS, just before my first race. Monocog Flight 29er, RaceFace carbon bars, 32-21 gearing, Esi Chunky grips and BB7's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-169620_10151953495830122_1431195198_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's my SS on a rigid diet until the squish gets out of the shop. It looks out of place shoehorned into my office, but soon we'll be out enjoying the trails.

She's a Voodoo Wanga SS, great bike. Under 20 lbs with the carbon fork.

Don't mind the crazy cabling, I was about to tweak the brakes when I took this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imag0099.jpg  

The need for singlespeed
    Good to see she's getting some (ab)use! Is that a 50mm stem?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaskaranddriver View Post
    Good to see she's getting some (ab)use! Is that a 50mm stem?
    Ha, I told you I couldn't handle the 100mm stem you left on there. I've also put on a 750mm bar. Slightly larger than the one you had on there as well.

mtbr member
    2007 GF Rig, some take off seat I got from the LBS, and some 7yr old Pedro grips i had in the garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img-20120716-00355.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    EDIT: okay... better pics.

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-456.jpg

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-456_1.jpg
    Last edited by Dion; 07-18-2012 at 09:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Here's my next SS build. Picked up the carbon Lurcher frame from On-One USA at their Father's day sale ($400, I couldn't help myself). The fork just came in and while the color isn't an exact match, I think it looks pretty nice together. For anyone watching their weights, it's 1500 gr for the frame, 630 grams for the fork.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0172 (800x429).jpg 
Views:	2012 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	710433

Name:	IMG_0185 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	2298 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	710434

Name:	IMG_0176 (763x800).jpg 
Views:	1980 
Size:	329.0 KB 
ID:	710435

Name:	IMG_0184 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	1951 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	710436
    Love the green! Looking forward seeing your final build.

mtbr member
    Here's mine.

rigid Vassago Jabberwocky 29er
    32x20

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    EDIT: okay... better pics.

That is a sweet looking bike. Just curious, what do you think about the Tsali rear tire? Looks a lot like the possible 650b Vee Rubber Vee 6.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    That is a sweet looking bike. Just curious, what do you think about the Tsali rear tire? Looks a lot like the possible 650b Vee Rubber Vee 6.
    I have used the Dartmoor, Tsali and Pisgah Forte tires and plan to do a complete review of all three on my blog in the next week - but I'll give you my impression of the Tsali...

It's a great tire! I actually used it as a front (with a Dartmoor in the rear) at Sea Otter XC, and it even worked well up there. Rolls fast and actually has some good stick to it. From what I've learned about the Forte' tires (well, anything Forte') is that they are just re-branded from a major manufacturer. The Tsali is lightweight, and mounts tubeless just fine.

It only breaks loose when I'm not adjusting my weight for the steep stuff, but I have yet to break it loose that wasn't my fault. It is wearing a little fast (even though it claims to have a Durometer 70 compound in the middle), so that is my biggest beef with it.

Sidewalls are tough, even in a tubeless set-up. For reduced rolling resistance and grip, I would recommend this over the Small Block 8 for a rear tire.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Finally finished my bike with a ton of help from Adam at Company Bicycle. After doing a lot of math, ended up with a 29t granny ring up front, and an 18t in the back. Seems to be a bit of a magic gear for me. Deore DX hub in the back for the vintage flair. It's set up to be a possible dingle down the road, and my next purchases are going to be tires, pedals and a new seatpost.

SO MUCH FUN!!!! I'm hooked for life.

mtbr member
    Loving that Jabber!

Dive Bomber

My uphill and roller bike - looks and feel fine with 420mm fork.
    New cheapo lightweight frameset- planning to get Mosso rigid fork ASAP.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_ben View Post
    The Victim: Trek 930 that was destined for the trash.

The Crime: Stick some Kona Unit takeoff parts on, make it a cheap 69er single-steed.

Oddities: the rear hub is really cool, a shimano silent clutch. Didn't know a thing about it, but it really is totally quiet and engagement is instant. Apparently uses cams instead of pawls? Long may she run...

32x18 is close enough to 'Magic' to ride...bonus.

Looks weird but I like my bars and seat the same height, and original stem and the 'ape hangers' get it there.

Scrap piece of copper pipe for a stem spacer.

Power grips allow for the teva footwear on hot summer evening rides. Begging for a broken toe.

Is it called a 'Mullet' if you run v-brakes in back and disc up front?

Sweet true temper OX frame made in the USA that would have been a shame to leave rotting in some alley.

Some seriously sweet calendar worthy rides in this thread, sort of a hillbilly cousin here, I call her Montucky Magic. Gimme a beer...
    Montana_ben

I have the same Shimano LX silent-clutch on my SS. Did some maintenance work on it. Indeed it's an instant engagement design. I've read somewhere that this design was discontinued since it can't handle large amounts of torque unlike the pawled hubs. The only trouble I had with this hub was when I used "heavier" automotive grease on the rollers which caused it to freewheel in both directions. Problem was solved when I repacked with a lighter Finish Line grease. I tried to attach images showing the hub's innards but wasn't able to do so since a minimum of 10 posts is required before I could attach images to my post. Btw, I have only 2 posts to my name.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My uphill and roller bike - looks and feel fine with 420mm fork.
    New cheapo lightweight frameset- planning to get Mosso rigid fork ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Jackspade

I'm currently using the Mosso FK26MD5 rigid aluminum fork. It's triple butted and has brake bosses for vees and ISO tabs for disc brakes. It's a lightweight at less than 700 grams with uncut steerer tube! Did some light trail rides with it and it held well. I think it's strong enough for XC rides.

Bad cat!
    I have the same Shimano LX silent-clutch on my SS
    Thanks for that info ITplong, I've been torn between don't fix if it ain't broke, and get in there to make sure it isn't dried out. Might give it a try...think it's probably a bit heavy but man it works great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Airvoltaire

Cool bike you have there! Are you from the Philippines?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for that info ITplong, I've been torn between don't fix if it ain't broke, and get in there to make sure it isn't dried out. Might give it a try...think it's probably a bit heavy but man it works great.
    Montana_ben

I was in that same situation as yours but still decided to give it a go. Yes the hub's a heavyweight but works great. Checkout youtube for a very informative video on this type of hub. Search: "trapped roller bearing" by Renolds. I attempted to attach this video in my previous post.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    hey itplong, I have two of those hubs and love them!
    one has had some problems but I was always todl you can't pull them apart to re-grease.
    If you could shoot me some info as to how you did it I'd love to try.
    (guess the message people should retain is don't always trust the LBS when they say "can't be done")
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rock622 View Post
    GT Traffic 5
    A very nice skinny bike. City rides would be a blast.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts View Post
    one has had some problems but I was always todl you can't pull them apart to re-grease.
    (guess the message people should retain is don't always trust the LBS when they say "can't be done")
    Byknuts

On my 7th post. Replying to some posts so that when I'm on my 10th, I can post the pics I got while regreasing my silent-clutch hub. Later...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    for my ss peeps that don't pop by the commuter board...
    rocky mountain experience lawwill fork, silent clutch hub, supermotos.
    old parts and fresh tires... recipe since time immemorial.
    Cool bike you have there Byknuts. So this one has the silent-clutch hub. Btw the hubs that we have are the preferred type of cops-on-bikes, to sneek up on bad guys. They can't do that on CK hubs, hehe. No disrespect intended.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
    Just picked up this pink wonder this week! Custom powder coated Susan G. Komen Pink for breast cancer awareness by the previous owner (great guy).

Rode it today for the first time. What a blast!!

I swapped some of the parts out from the original build. Here are some of the current specs:

Fox 29 RC Front Fork,
    Shimano XT Brakes
    Shimano XT Rotors
    Shimano XT Wheelset
    Shimano SLX Cranks
    Shimano SPD Pedals
    Q-ring 34x20
    Richey Carbon Stem
    Easton EC 70 Carbon Bars
    Specialized Phenom saddle
    Bontrager FR3 front tire
    Specialized Fast Track rear tire
    Preeeetty ride you have there!

mtbr member
    So wheres the pics....this thread need some pink!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gmmeyerIII View Post
    Two new SS in the family. My son got a new bike which spurred my desire for one as well.
    My first mountain bike purchased in 1993 was in need of a new BB. That lead to a whole crankset. Still running original derailer. Waiting for Surly Singleator to arrive.
    What fun! MY Motobecane may follow suit, or just may have to build another bike with a modern frame. Thanks for all the inspiration on this forum!
    Whoa! Girvin flex stem and cantilever brakes! Nice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here are the pics I took after disassembling my silent-clutch hub. The digicam really helped in my reassembly. Btw, I replaced all the loose ball bearings of the hub before regreasing.

rollers partially filled in

the freehub body

steel outer race

steel inner race

Here's the cropped video on the Renold trapped roller clutch. This helped me understand how my hub works.

Use a light grease for the rollers. I hope this would help in your regreasing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ITplong View Post
    Airvoltaire

Cool bike you have there! Are you from the Philippines?
    Itplong- born in the U.S. but parents are Filipino

Dive Bomber

Jackspade

I'm currently using the Mosso FK26MD5 rigid aluminum fork. It's triple butted and has brake bosses for vees and ISO tabs for disc brakes. It's a lightweight at less than 700 grams with uncut steerer tube! Did some light trail rides with it and it held well. I think it's strong enough for XC rides.
    I wonder what's the a/c length of the MD5 fork since I am planning to get that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

first singlespeed

This is my first singlespeed. I LOVE IT! Its a 1997 specialized stumpjumper m2. perfect for a beginner singlespeeder!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-mybike.jpg  

The need for singlespeed
    I like ITplong. Posts helpful stuff so he can get his postcount up to where he can post even more helpful stuff. +rep

The need for singlespeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Godude
    a Cross Country Rider from Westminster, CO

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2008

Strengths: Climbing hills on a 33/16 is great! It's just like a big BMX bike - it flies!

Weaknesses: don't care for the seat post clamp or the handle bars - otherwise - hardware is decent for the price

Bottom Line:
    Love the singlespeed life since I bought this bike. I have a 2006 (hard-tail) model and my 1st memorable experience on it was AWESOME!. I was drunk off my @ss cranking on a trail in north Denver at about 12:30am (which I often do). One single headlight was all I needed. I rode through a path by the AMC 24 theater in Westminster Colorado and a f**King pig pointed and yelled at me! I turned around real quick and got the heck out of there (geez dude, it's not like I'm holding up a nearby bank with a sawed-off shotgun!). I started home on a 5 mile bike path and next thing I know, there's a bike cop tailing me (pretty far behind too). He tailed me almost all the way (about 1000 feet behind) until we got to a nice hill behind a college, then I roasted his donut snarfing @ss. I could see the pig at the bottom of the hill huffin' & puffin' downshifting trying to make it on his 27 speed Trek, poor basr@rd! I turned off my headlight and kept on riding towards home. I felt great and my KHS made it happen! LOL!!!
    Now I know the real story. Cop couldn't put all his power through the silent hub.

Bad cat!
    Here are the pics I took after disassembling my silent-clutch hub. The digicam really helped in my reassembly. Btw, I replaced all the loose ball bearings of the hub before regreasing.

Thanks for the pics ITplong, very helpful--might get in there and give it shot on my hub--lightweight grease as you recommend. More plus rep from me...ride silent...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Airvoltaire View Post
    Itplong- born in the U.S. but parents are Filipino
    thought so...the SMB cap...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jackspade View Post
    I wonder what's the a/c length of the MD5 fork since I am planning to get that.
    just measured my Mosso MD5, axle-to-crown (A-C) is 410mm, so it's not suspension- corrected.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the pics ITplong, very helpful--might get in there and give it shot on my hub--lightweight grease as you recommend. More plus rep from me...ride silent...
    You're welcome Montana_ben. Take care not to insert the plastic roller cage the wrong way. Anyway there's a notch in the cage that goes into the steel thingie that's about 3mm long near the base of the inner race. Document everything, it helps a lot in the reassembly.

Dive Bomber
    just measured my Mosso MD5, axle-to-crown (A-C) is 410mm, so it's not suspension- corrected.
    Thanks for the info mate.
    I am planning to get the MD2 since it's ready stock at my LBS I hope the length is 420mm, but still looking for the MD5 which looks cooler IMO.

I check the clearance with maxxis ardent 2.25 the gap with my toe clip around 1cm so I think it's safe enough to have 2.10 tires on front even with 410mm fork although the steering kinda feel lose - maybe my cheap headset is just too awesome low friction. I still believe it's because of the head tube angle though.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    '08 GT Peace 26"

Several upgrades, recently I just installed BB7's, SD7 levers, jagwire ripcord cables, and Easton XC One wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_1815.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_1818.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_1816.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_1817.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_1822.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Mamasita SS conversion

I just finished my Mamasita singlespeed conversion. I didn't end up being able to run the gearing I wanted (32x18), so I am trying 32x17 which worked out to be a magic gear. It's a tough gear combo and I will probably end up trying 19 or 20.

Easton Haven carbon bar
    Easton Haven stem
    CK headset
    Fox RL 80mm fork
    SLX brakes
    XT crank 32t + bash
    Stans Arch wheelset (Ardent 2.4/Ignitor 2.1)
    Thomson Elite seatpost

I haven't weighed it yet, but before I did the SS conversion it was 25lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-mama1.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-mama2.jpg  

mtbr member
    I dont know why.....but i luv posting pics almost as much as riding the Jabber

mtbr member
    May 2011
    (Not a MTB but I thought I'd share anyways)

I am the founder of an initiative in South Africa called Build-a-Bike. I accept donations of old parts, bikes and spares and build up robust, reliable bikes for people in the community to use as daily transportation. The monthly income of these recipients is generally less than $300 per month and their transportation costs run between $50 and $100 per month - riding a bike saves them a lot of money!

I have just built up this Bianchi as a single speed and plan to auction it off to raise funds to buy parts that I need to complete some of the bikes that I'm building as well as to fund purchase of high-visibility vests for my neighbourhood commuters.

Spec sheet:

Bianchi Gold Race alloy frame
    Carbon fibre fork
    Velocity Deep-V rims laced to Shimano 105 Hubs
    Continental Gatorskin tyres
    Shimano Tiagra Octalink crankset with 42t chainring
    Origin-8 saddle on Dura-ace aero seatpost
    VP-components pedals
    ESI Chunky grips
    Ritchey flat bar and stem
    PRO headset
    Acera brake levers and 105 calipers
    Tiagra RD as chain tensioner (May or may not change to dedicated SS chain tensioner)

mtbr member
    Hi all, below are my newly build SS 16.4 lbs/7.4 Kg 2012 Lynskey 29 Ridgeline, gearing at 15/42 as i do all my riding on the street... Enjoying the bike so much... Enjoy...

Frame: Lynskey 29 Ridgeline M size
    Fork: Niner Carbon Fork
    Headset: Canecreek 110
    Stem: KCNC SC Wing
    Handle bar: Easton EC90 SL
    Seatpost: KCNC Ti Pro Lite
    Saddle: Tioga Twin Tail
    Brake lever: Ultralite
    Brake caliper: Avid BB7
    Rotor: KCNC Razor
    Crankset: KCNC XC2 K-type
    Chain: KMC 9 SL
    SS gear: Gusset six-speed
    Bolt: Full Titanium bolts
    Wheelset: ZTR Race Gold
    Tyre: Maxxis Maxlite

Last edited by Gary1402; 07-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Since my Chromag serves 1x10 duty, with the TransAM frame and Lyrik fork sitting about, there was really only one option.

Do what you 'gotta do.

Meant for burlier things than the Kamui. Less refined, brutish, stupid fun.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Dive Bomber

Finally get the mosso D2 fork, since my LBS doesn't have D5.
    Planning to get the white one but getting the black one instead since my frame color is white pearl.

Total weight around 10kg measured with bathroom scale, I don't think I want get lighter than that. Almost time to change rims, maybe I'll get a lighter one by then - any suggestion for light Vbrake rims?
    Last edited by jackspade; 07-23-2012 at 04:49 AM.

The need for singlespeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1402 View Post
    Hi all, below are my newly build SS 16.4 lbs/7.4 Kg 2012 Lynskey 29 Ridgeline... Enjoying the bike so much... Enjoy...
    That's a most impressive lightweight build. But you need to explain your gearing.

SSlow rider
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Do what you 'gotta do.
    Noice.

rebmem rbtm
    That's a most impressive lightweight build. But you need to explain your gearing.
    It's a nice road bike.
    I use those pedals on my kids bikes (with some skateboard grip tape in the center). They are light, but too small for an adult foot on anything but a flat fire road.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just built this up a few days ago. Its my first rigid and first 29er. Took it for a 20 miler yesterday and loved it! 34:20 gearing (North Georgia), 25lbs, Its only semi new, wheels I bought used with a few hundred miles on em, crankset and brakes have over 2000 miles. Not sure what all the fuss is about with BB7s on this bike. They don't work perfectly, but they work well enough.

002 by saltwatertaco, on Flickr

005 by saltwatertaco, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by divernick View Post
    (Not a MTB but I thought I'd share anyways)

I am the founder of an initiative in South Africa called Build-a-Bike. I accept donations of old parts, bikes and spares and build up robust, reliable bikes for people in the community to use as daily transportation. The monthly income of these recipients is generally less than $300 per month and their transportation costs run between $50 and $100 per month - riding a bike saves them a lot of money!

I have just built up this Bianchi as a single speed and plan to auction it off to raise funds to buy parts that I need to complete some of the bikes that I'm building as well as to fund purchase of high-visibility vests for my neighbourhood commuters.

Really nice looking bike. Let us know how the auction goes.....

mtbr member
    Here is my Ragley TD:1

Comes in at 16 pounds 5 oz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img007-1.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img008.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img013.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img015%5B1%5D.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img018.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here is my ON*ONE Lurcher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-lurcher-2.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-lurcher-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice looking Lurch....What seat post is that?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2times View Post
    Nice looking Lurch....What seat post is that?
    Looks like a Woodman

WOOdman Components 2011 Road & x country freeride Mountain bikes

mtbr member
    Hi sir, thank you for your kind words on my build. I am running 42 x 15 gearing as I do all my riding on the street... Once the bike move off, it lightness of the bike make the cruising speed very comfortable. Loving it so much...
    **Lynskey 29er Ridgeline Single Speed**

Dive Bomber
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1402 View Post
    Hi sir, thank you for your kind words on my build. I am running 42 x 15 gearing as I do all my riding on the street... Once the bike move off, it lightness of the bike make the cruising speed very comfortable. Loving it so much...
    My current bike is 10kg is already fast for climb and yours is 7.4 kg which is awesome, can't imagine to climb with light bike like yours.

Although I am still try to figure out which is more effective between weight and geometry especially for steep climb.

mtbr member
    Here is my Nimble 9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-nimble-5.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-nimble-4.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-nimble-2.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-nimbe-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post
    Here is my Ragley TD:1

Comes in at 16 pounds 5 oz.
    Sweet looking bike. Excuse the ignorance, is that Ti?

mtbr member
    Gotta get some daylight pics...magic gear 32x18
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-flash-pics-022.jpg  

Last edited by brentos; 07-23-2012 at 11:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackspade View Post
    My current bike is 10kg is already fast for climb and yours is 7.4 kg which is awesome, can't imagine to climb with light bike like yours.

Although I am still try to figure out which is more effective between weight and geometry especially for steep climb.
    Mixture of both to create the best of both world..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    Gotta get some daylight pics...magic gear 32x18
    Beautiful piece of carbon!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

First ride on the SS El Mar

Maiden voyage on my freshly built up El Mar, got caught in a thunderstorm. View from the cockpit...

Bicycle Addict
    You guys are making my Monocog look like doo-doo
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    I love that ghetto fab trans am!
    -Eric

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by esundell90 View Post
    I love that ghetto fab trans am!
    Thanks. I'd always run it geared, so had no need for tensioners.

Wheel was slipping a bit, even with a Hadley 10mm thru-bolt cranked down freakin' tight. Just needed something to take up a tiny bit of space, but not interfere with the axle.

Scratching my head, looking through my parts/bolt/nut bins, and that came to me. M5 nuts - perfect.

31x21 gearing - low-ish, but I want it that way for my hack trials playtime. Heavy, bomber, stupid fun bike. I still ride my Chromag and Trance-X 1x10 bikes more, but it's nice to have this for when the mood strikes.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    You guys are making my Monocog look like doo-doo
    Monocog will always punch above it's weight... + rep for you

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob View Post
    Thanks dude! You're right about that. It may not be the prettiest gal at the ball, but it sure has big melons.
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Repost from the Nimble 9 thread in the 29er section, but I can't help it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob View Post
    I had a 2006 Monocog I bought from a shop. Stupid me should've never sold it... the Monocog will always be the O.G. Bike.

I AM I AM
    I'm not decided on the gearing at the moment, 700c wheels and took the bike for the first decent ride today. 52/17 pretty tough on the hills (I don't think they're big hills either). Either way this is my newest build. Should end up with a single ring up front and single sprocket up back when I get it dialled.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

San Diego Fun

Cool pics while in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4265.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4267.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4274.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4277.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4288.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4291.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4279.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4273.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4296.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-img_4272.jpg  

Axles of Evil
    [QUOTE=Cool pics while in SD[/QUOTE]

Nice clean looking ride. Please tighten up that chain before you hurt yourself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SS-Dad View Post
    Nice clean looking ride. Please tighten up that chain before you hurt yourself.
    Yeah... I had decided to change out the rear cog to a 17t from a 20t and found out that that was too much change for the EBB. It was only going to be temporary as I was on the road most of the time. You can even see the cheap platforms i put on it as i was going from bar to bar. Cruising....

nothing to see here
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Updated with new fork and grips and hbc ring with xtr m950s!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by the5ifty; 07-27-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    '09 Jamis Dragon One "one gear, one brake lever, lots of carbon and steel."

MYSINGLESPEED.COM

mtbr member

Lynskey M390 Ltd Edition

Now that I've had it built for a couple of months now, made all the adjustments that I'm going to, it's starting to fit like a well worn sock - just perfect. A little bit muddy, scratched up, I've crashed it a few times and all the "blingy" decals have ripped off...

2014 TallBoy2 C XX1

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What a great looking bike. and great riding too I imagine.....awesome. want they!

mtbr member
    Sweet Lyndskey
    anything Steel

MTB NOLA
    now set up with 650b wheel build.. including I9's..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-dsc03309.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-dsc03308.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-dsc03310.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-dsc03315.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sweet Lynskey build

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vudu View Post
    Nice brothA! Love the 960 cranks... Your bike is blessed by the work of God!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    From this: 3x9 (24lbs)

to this: 1x1 (haven't weighed yet)

Surly Troll Frame and Fork
    Truvativ Stylo Crank 32T
    Surly 18t Cog w/ Surly Spacers and Tugnut
    Avid Elixir R Brakes F160mm R140mm
    Truvativ Stylo Team Stem and Seatpost
    Specialized Flat Bar 680mm
    ESI Grips
    Exustar Pedals
    WTB Rocket V Saddle
    Giant S-Elite Hubs/Mavic 117 SUP Rims
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25
    Cateye Bell, Cyclocomputer and Lights
    Last edited by littlepitboy; 07-28-2012 at 12:39 AM.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by skiing9689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post
    Ragley TD:1
    is that Ti?
    The TD:1 is titanium, and designed for a short rigid fork. I've understood that the geometry and tubing are pretty race-oriented.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    The geo is very similar to an On One Scandal. The non suspention corrected fork puts more weight over the front. The frames are Lynskey built for Ragley and have some nice touches to them. (" finger ridge, removeable cable guides, ovalized top tube, plate seat stay bridge) I don't think they sold to well as I dont think they ever made a second run of them. Chain Reaction cleared them out for an amazing price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Love your Troll, littlepitboy (especially the bell!).

mtbr member
    Alpine 29er

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just finished the first ride on my converted-to 29er Surly 1x1..Loving it.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Only mine for a little while, but still...

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-dsc01295.jpg
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    May 2012
    my first rigid 29er:
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343606413.868018.jpg
    Good lord what have I been missing?

is this thing on?
    i understand that only two of these were made with horizontal drops. I had to beg for the first ones to be made.

mtbr member
    ^^ I am so jelous of that bike!!
    -Eric

Axles of Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by vudu
    Is that Lafayette No 2 or one of the St Louis? No 3, maybe?

Really nice bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Keeping it simple here -

Members who have read this thread: 491