Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
Tubedriver said:
That looks a LOT like my bike. Same frame, handlebar, freewheel, seat. I have changed to Elixir CR since this pic was taken. You are right, it is a really nice riding frame.

Yep, I saw your bike on another thread and thought the same thing - that's funny. I love the Mary bar and ENO freewheel - big improvements. The saddle's off my old road bike and it fits this bike's personality perfectly. I was looking for a used Sid or Fox F80. Ended up getting a decent deal on a Fox off eBay. That was a huge performance upgrade for the bike - plus it shed almost 2lbs! The brakes are the next thing to upgrade - but for the global collapse of capitalism I would have a pair of Juicy 7s by now. BTW, the stock WTB Speed Disc rims are easy to convert to tubeless using Stan's.

Are you in the DC area too? Too funny to meet on a local trail - Team Exile!

Repo

#57 ·
Here is my recently overhauled monocog flite.

From redline

From redline

From redline

From redline

From redline

From redline

From redline

Specs:
Redline monocog flite frame
chris king ss hubset
chris king Bottom Bracket
chris king headset
lx cranks
gamut chaingring guard
surly stainless chainring
surly stainless cog
no tubes arch rims
origin8 blackops carbon fork
rictchey pro bars, stem, seatpost
WTB rocketV saddle
panracer rampage 29 tires
SLX brakes
ODI grips
Cane Creek Ergo bar ends
AY-UP light system
Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals

#65 ·
byknuts said:
didn't pick that up from an absurdly nice guy at a great price at pape subway station did ya?
:thumbsup:

looks great in it's new incarnation!
oddly enough I've been looking at monstercrossing something and my old hoolie popped into my head!
if you ever feel like it, I fit 29x2" tires in that thing, only about 4 mm of mud clearance IIRC, but 29x42's or something will fit great i figure!

enjoy the old big red dog.
At an absurdly wicked price too I might add. Fantiastic frame and ride. And except for me f-ing up the b/b install and stripping the nondrive side threads,no issues at all.

#72 ·
my atomlab dirt jump/urban/park bike i built up from the frame.

big pic

only difference now is it's a little beat up and has a red and black atomlab seat, since i smashed up the first one...

rear hub is hope pro 2 ss/trials. surly wide cog. front hub is atomlab. rims are rhynolite xl. wheels are tough as hell...i've messed up pretty big on this bike, and yet to even need the wheels trued.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.