Page 169 of 228 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 179 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5679
    mtbr member
    May 2011

GT Peace 26er

I've been riding a 29er SS for sometime now, and figured I'd try out a 26" SS when I found this Peace locally for dirt cheap. Took it out for the first real test along my normal climb/route and man was that tougher than I thought it was going to be. My 29er gearing is 32x20, so figured 32x18 was about the same on 26", but climbing was definitely more challenging. Of course there's a lot of other variables, like geometry, tires, etc. After that first real ride on it, it certainly doesn't dethrone my Jabber, but descending was more fun than I expected, given the smaller hoops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-peace.jpg  

Last edited by goldenaustin; 01-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.

- factotum -
    24"

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I know mine isnt as bad as some of these on here but its mine and i love it! Been out of the box for only a few hrs so its stock! I great ride for 300 bones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imag0493.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imag0495.jpg  

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdogreno View Post
    I know mine isnt as bad as some of these on here but its mine and i love it! Been out of the box for only a few hrs so its stock! I great ride for 300 bones!
    Nice! Enjoy it man

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Nice! Enjoy it man
    thanks and will do! still smiling from ear to ear!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trane0605 View Post
    put this in 1x1 forum but it fits here also
    Nice ride, but the valve stem cap is a real winner.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Loving the last few bikes pictured. Digging the GT and there's great detail finish on that Surly 1x1.

mtbr member
    Not a very good pic but you get the general idea.

It's pretty much a "bits n pieces" bike i cobbled together as a 2nd winter bike. Only new parts were the DMR chain tensioner and the chain. It's a 32t XT middle ring up front and a 16t out back (i think). All the parts i had spare (frame, Thompson seatpost and stem, Hayes Stroker Carbons, XT wheelset) or acquired from a mate on the cheap (carbon rigids, Fast Traks, Deore crank and Spesh seat).

Actually rides like a dream - i'm very impressed but too much of a ***** to convert my main ride to singlespeed

Last edited by roaringboy; 01-24-2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member

Picture Update

I know I have posted this bike before. This is an updated picture featuring my new magic gear combo, I change the stock 32 tooth out for a Raceface 33 tooth chainring and it made all the difference. So goodbye to the need for a tensioner.
    Before

With new gear combo.

mtbr member
    ^^ Nice! Looks so much cleaner.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    My 29er marlin as I finished some trails this morning.
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358721153.285657.jpg
    My commuter 700c single speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358721003.034439.jpg  

Last edited by lamar83; 01-22-2013 at 04:47 AM.

One Colorful Rider
    My New Wheelset took 2lbs off my Monkey.

My Now as You see it 24lb Monkey

clown question, bro
    Some updates to the Bullseye I got off CL last spring: Just got some Elixir 3s on it and some take-off Kona bars off ebay. Wheels are from another bike as is the stem. Still a tank, though.

As an aside, bleeding brakes in the kitchen is not ideal. The cats were fantastic helpers, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-bike5.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-bike-6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

Enthusiast
    Jun 2009

'12 Flash Carbon 29er SS

'12 Flash Carbon 29er converted to single speed. Using 120bcd 37t chainring and 23t cog allowed me to use my existing XX BB30 crankset. First tried YESS ETR-V but it wouldn't work due to interference with tiny bolts on the dropout. Settled for a Surly Singleator:

Then lo and behold today the guys at Salvagetti removed the Singleator and a few links, and Presto! Magic Gear Ratio! Happy to be on a "true" singlespeed now.

Now gotta build up those Rabbit Holes...

mtbr member
    2010 stumpjumper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-photo_1.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-photo_2.jpg  

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-photo_3.jpg  

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyP View Post
    '12 Flash Carbon 29er converted to single speed. Using 120bcd 37t chainring and 23t cog allowed me to use my existing XX BB30 crankset. First tried YESS ETR-V but it wouldn't work due to interference with tiny bolts on the dropout. Settled for a Surly Singleator:

Then lo and behold today the guys at Salvagetti removed the Singleator and a few links, and Presto! Magic Gear Ratio! Happy to be on a "true" singlespeed now.

Now gotta build up those Rabbit Holes...
    You may already know this, but you could slap an Eccentric on that bad boy and have many different gear combos to choose from (and be able to tighten up a chain when needed).
    BEER Components Eccentric Information
    Still, nice work with the magic gear.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    diggin the color of that stumpy ryan! would be nice to see a pic in action outdoors! lol

mtbr member
    thanks man, it was the tan and black and i hated it. ill try to snap some pictures outside when its sunny, it hasnt even seen trails yet! but the color looks awesome in the sun due to the metal flake i put in it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    You may already know this, but you could slap an Eccentric on that bad boy and have many different gear combos to choose from (and be able to tighten up a chain when needed).
    BEER Components Eccentric Information
    Still, nice work with the magic gear.
    I looked at doing this to a Flash carbon a couple of years ago but their *may* be a problem.

While the Flash is BB30 the circlips in the BB30 standard that hold the bearings in place on a carbon Flash are molded into the BB shell and cannot be removed.

In order to fit the Beer eccentric it would *probably* require removing the material from inside the BB shell.

I say *may* and *probably* because the while I looked at the published dimensions of the Beer I never had one at hand to test fit. I do know from looking at drawings it was going to be very close....

I was pissed at Cannondale. I bought the frame with the intent to SS it but then found out that they hadn't truly followed the BB30 standard on the carbon frame (which specifies a removable circlip).

mtbr member

2006 Redline Monocog

Picked this up from a guy on CL last night. First mountain bike. First SS...

I really don't know much about any of this stuff, but it has:
    Bontrager XDX Tires - Bontrager Race Modified 620 Bar - Salsa Stem - Soma Hishou Saddle - Cane Creek S-1 Headset and... I think everything else is stock. Very pleased with it! I rode a Trek (geared) road bike before this.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Lovin the look of these bikes!

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Yea, Cannondale should remove Cannondale's right to refer to it as BB30 since it does not conform to the standard.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

mtbr member
    Decided to upgrade the lobster a bit. Front wheel is a ztr alpine/american classic with rocket ron off my other bike. Swapped out my fast track out back for a racing ralph also. Plus swapped the cheapo carbon forks for my exotics.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Done for the most part until Chris king. Comes out with a pf24 bb so I can upgrade my cranks.
    Specialized ss carbon
    Spesh chisel carbon fork
    Sworks post and bars
    Ritchey carbon matrix stem
    Esi grips
    Rennen chainring king cog, kmc kool sl chain
    XXbrakes 160/140
    Hope pro 2 evo on arch ex's
    Ritchey wcs bio max saddle
    Spesh ground controls for the winter.
    19.1 lbs. with the heavy tires, and a blast to ride
    [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Already posted mine once but here it is with some new parts
    Origin 8 pro rise bars
    Origin 8 saddle
    Odi rogue grips (they gave me a option on clamps and I couldn't refuse seeing just how tacky gold would be)
    *ordered parts*
    Avid elixir 1 brakes
    Michelin grip'r front and race'r rear
    The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359294943.157927.jpg

I'm in the market for a rigid fork either niner, bontrager carbon, or white brothers. Anyone have any insight on which is better fork? I.E. quality, fit and finish, or weight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359295016.849387.jpg