Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#5,452 ·
I'd been using a midge dirtdrop bar since last year, but after doing some reading I figured I'd give a Woodchipper a try:

Second ride with it, and still trying to figure out the angle and brakelevers. But the long drop extensions are amazing for ss climbs.

The Midge has really short drops:

Compared to the Woodchipper:

I didn't even realize what I was missing, but putting the Woodchipper on makes climbing (almost) effortless.

#5,455 ·
Hmmm... that bike looks pretty cheap. Maybe if you save up for a while you could buy something nicer?

Not that it's a bad bike. at all, just save up a bit and you could get something from a bigger brand. like a Surly Karate Monkey.

Heck, tell you what. I'll BUY you a Karate Monkey, and you can trade me that. yeah. So you can finally have a nice bike.

(See this post is funny because if you look at Vassago's site you can clearly see this bike is handmade in the USA from really awesome stuffs. it blows a KM out of the water. Were my above statements not facetious they would be incredibly foolish.)

#5,465 ·
OK, I'm ready to show it.

Far from blingy, but nonetheless a solid parts bin build. I was looking for a backup bike after my main ride was having suspension fork issues that kept me from riding for a month or so. I found a buddy who had gotten a KM a few years back, and slapped a WB carbon fork on it, took it for a ride(s?) and decided his knees couldn't hack it. Hung in his garage until I asked about it. So, for $150 and a few little things I didn't have (like a tugnut), I built this up more as a utility ride-around-the-neighborhood-with-the-kids bike that I can run errands on but can convert over to serious dirt worthiness should I need to pretty quick.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.