Thread: New Frame Time?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New Frame Time?

I am considering replacing the frame on my Rig (06) with a Karate Monkey or a Vassago Jwoky. My main reason for doing this is to try out a steel frame. I know there is problem with the rake of my fork rake and the Jwoky. My questions are: I am also wondering if I am just trading across in quality and not really going to learn or gain anything (in other words save up and get a new bike instead)? Are there any other parts compatability problems that I am missing? Any other comments or things to add that I should consider?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    I wouldn't bother. You woln't really gain much from switching to either of those frames. Just ride the rig hard enough to break it, then buy a new frame
    read KNOBBY MEATS or be sadly ignorant of the mediocrity that is allowed to exist in the interwebs

808+909 = Party Good Time
    +1 to that. The Monkey could nearly feel like a step down from the Rig and if ya gonna have problems with the rake on Vassago I wouldn't bother as it wouldn't give a real good feel anyhow. But if ya still keen then the Monkey is a top bike otherwise.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbox
    +1 to that. The Monkey could nearly feel like a step down from the Rig and if ya gonna have problems with the rake on Vassago I wouldn't bother as it wouldn't give a real good feel anyhow. But if ya still keen then the Monkey is a top bike otherwise.
    I have a KM and have ridden it off road in geared and ss modes. It's a good bike but is compromised by it's compromising nature. (mine is a road bike now)
    The low low BB was a major issue and it is one rough riding bugger off road for sure.

A friend has gone from a Rig to the Jabber and has never been happier. He also gained some instant off roading speed as well?!
    Was is the "wet cat" geometry!? Who knows! But here's a great shot of the Jabberhonky!

Yea, he's a pimp!