Thread: New DiSSent

Suffering Mightily

New DiSSent

Finished my Misfit DiSSent a couple of weeks ago using some new, some take off, and some eBay parts. The bike is a blast to ride and Peter at Misfit was a pleasure to deal with. I had been wanting a second SS with front suspension to supplement my trusty, rigid fork Karate Monkey. I love riding a rigid bike, but there are times when my hands and wrists really take a beating. The Misfit is geared 32x19 (one tooth easier than the KM) and I am currently running my favorite set of wheels, I9 Enduros on WTB rims, with a Kick Ass cog. Very happy.
    Cheers,
    Drbbt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sweet set up. I would love to get the I-9 wheels but just can't afford to right now.

Meat Clever
    Very nice. What chain is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
    A little bit of pee just trickled out of my pipi when I saw that.

Suffering Mightily
    Thanks. The chain is the only chain that I will use...a KMC k810 Kool chain...the best that I have ever used for single speed. Tough as nails, 15 bucks, and relatively light. Try one.
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbbt
    Finished my Misfit DiSSent a couple of weeks ago using some new, some take off, and some eBay parts. The bike is a blast to ride and Peter at Misfit was a pleasure to deal with. I had been wanting a second SS with front suspension to supplement my trusty, rigid fork Karate Monkey. I love riding a rigid bike, but there are times when my hands and wrists really take a beating. The Misfit is geared 32x19 (one tooth easier than the KM) and I am currently running my favorite set of wheels, I9 Enduros on WTB rims, with a Kick Ass cog. Very happy.
    Cheers,
    Drbbt
    Very nice lookin....now you're tempting me to buy one of these sweet lookin frames...
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

HTFU and Ride
    +1 on the 810 chain! thing is sweeeet
    Winter is coming.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What size frame is that?
    Any idea on the weight?
    Sweet bike

Suffering Mightily
    It is a large. It has a 24.1 eff.tt. I am 6'3" and wavered back and forth between a L and an XL (25.2 tt), but decided to go with the L and I am now glad that I did. The bike is a little over 26 lbs. I'm sure I could shave some weight here and there, but it is fine for me. My KM is 24 lbs. and I can't really tell a difference between the two.
    Cheers,
    Drbbt