mtbr member

New commuter...love it

Here is Inbreds brother Il Pompino. I have ride it about 500 kilometers so far and have lost my soul for that fixed speedster..

King Pin

Good job! Glorious!

I like it....stunning.

Put a front brake on there before you hurt yourself though......

mtbr member

Is it just me...

or does that bike look really small for the guy that's holding it?

Is that you in the pic?

Nice bike though. Maybe if I ever get around to building some wheels around these nice black IRO hubs I have sitting here in front of me I'll post pics of the beater fixed-conversion I'm resurrecting...

-Trevor

Steamroller

Laces and fixies don't mix well

If that is you in the picture, and those are your riding shoes, mind the laces. A stray lace in the drive train of a fixie can cause a very fast and unexpected face plant. It happened to a buddy of mine, he wore a face full of scabs to work for a while
    [SIZE=2]Two Wheeled and Too Big[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    That“s me in the picture. And it does look a bit small for me but the picture lies. Frame size is Large and i am 184cm (6,1"). Suits me perfectly.

I did a little mindwrestling with my self about that brake issue first but then i decided to go for it. Still standing...

Thanks for that warning about those laces!

mtbr member

I second the front brake...

If ANYTHING goes wrong, I.E. broken or a dropped chain (happened to me) or pedal or crank issues (happened to me). It has saved my bacon a few times. But I guess you are "braver" than me. Hope you stay "still standing".

mtbr member
    braver....or just stupid....

That chainline worries me a bit. CanĀ“t get it right no matter what. CanĀ“t find suitable spacers. Hope that chain lasts and donĀ“t snap..

mtbr member
    My pompino gets more miles than all my other rides combined I would guess. Such a fun bike but I am a wimp and keep it freewheel with both brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PekkaP
    That?s me in the picture. And it does look a bit small for me but the picture lies. Frame size is Large and i am 184cm (6,1"). Suits me perfectly.

Funny how sizing works for different people...I'm 5'11" and I ride an XL Il Pompino....but I do use a front brake. I got a sweet deal on the XL and thought I'd try it....so far it feels spot on...but I switch bars between flats/risers/moustache/bullhorn on an 80mm stem...a drop bar would probably be a bit of a stretch.