one man team
    Dec 2007

need some advice

Im all over the forum asking question, which lead to no answers..some do an thank you to those who dont mind typing out an answer.

Well I been looking around, and looking around and looking around, my mind is seriously in a million places at onces. All I want is a heavy duty single speed, with discs and possibly a fork, or upgradeable to a suspension fork, I would prefer a suspension fork because I downhill and take jumps etc. basically a good freeride ss hardtail..willing to pay about 800+/- dont really wanna pay more then a grand but you know what they say. You get what you pay for.

stick
    Well, your first step is deciding whether you want to build one or buy a prefab. If you build it yourself, you'll have a bit more control over what exactly goes into it, but it might actually cost you a bit more. You might be best off buying a prebuilt gearie and converting it to SS, and selling off the excess parts. Alternatively, buying a prebuilt singlespeed and upgrading the fork or so would be another option. Based on your criteria, something like this might also be good, though I can't vouch for the brand.

I'm a fan of Vassago frames myself, but that'll take you more along the 'build it yourself' lines, which may be more expensive and take longer. Also, you could go in and talk to the heads at your LBSs, see what they recommend, as they'll likely help you out in either case [unless you find the magic bike].

one man team
    Dec 2007
    Yea Im not really going for the 26" bmx type, yea I honestly dont know waht to do =/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pawe1
    All I want is a heavy duty single speed, with discs and possibly a fork, or upgradeable to a suspension fork, I would prefer a suspension fork because I downhill and take jumps etc. basically a good freeride ss hardtail..willing to pay about 800+/- dont really wanna pay more then a grand but you know what they say. You get what you pay for.
    Specialized P1: http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=34011

one chain loop
    +1 for the P1 if you do DJ and FR
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

stick
    I suggested a DJ bike, but he doesn't want a "26" bmx type". :P

Disabled Vet
    the gary fisher mullet SS fits yer bill,is pretty beefie (it's in gary's "bigguns" line),and is >yer budget.good luck,and don't forget to post pics of whatever ya end up w/
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

one man team
    Dec 2007
    ill look into the gf...kinda looking for a beefy 29er /ss something I didnt come across while looking at pictures all over the site / forum

one man team
    Dec 2007
    Might pay a little more but the GF Rig looks mint, fox shoxx disc brakes, single speed. Exactly what Im looking for.

one man team
    Dec 2007
    Mullet SS is nuts too...wish the 29er was that price lol

edit - what do you guys think of the GF Rig .. is it a good all around bike, for jumps dont hill, trails bout flat and hill?