Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    The Hutch

Nashbar Single Speed 29er Mountain Bike

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experiences on one of these Bikes?
    I couldn't find any reviews...

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/ProductDisplay?storeId=10053&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&productId=502354&cm_mmc=$%28referrer%29$-_-Bicycles-_-Nashbar-_-NB-SSMBD-19&CSE=GooglePS&mr:trackingCode=80CBFC0F-F9E1-DE11-974B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    nice bike for the money, but heavy. I bought one of the old style (with clincher brakes instead of the disc) as a backup bike to ride after I got hit by a truck on my gary fisher rig.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Good bike for the $ my friend rides one I like it. If I wasnt building a SS out of a never used Nashbar frame I had I would have got the new one with discs..... Buy it and you will have fun with it!

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    i looked at it a while ago and it has changed , my only fear is aluminum........ and Orca whales
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have one and I love it. The aluminum is however, quite rigid. I swapped out some parts and it's very light now by my standards.

mtbr member
    Love mine since I bought it and it's been amazing, and also gone through lots of changes

It is the same as. 2008 se stout 29er
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by gjenkins@
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

mtbr member
    SS Rigid =
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    after alot of BS I am buying one. Will let you know how the new 2010 model is in about a week.....

mtbr member
    Should be the same as these if it's the aluminum one
    SS Rigid =

LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!
    They have the frames on sale for $99 right now. I was thinking of getting one and just stashing it until I'm ready to build a 29er. I don't mind the aluminum so much.

ooops....
    Make that Performance has the frames on sale right now.
    http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...7_20000_400314
    Robb
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp
    Canondale Synapse w/DuraAce goodness

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaggart
    I have one and I love it. The aluminum is however, quite rigid. I swapped out some parts and it's very light now by my standards.

Open cam skewers without any chain tug on the drive side on track ends? Also your front brake cable/housing looks a bit long.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyracer
    They have the frames on sale for $99 right now. I was thinking of getting one and just stashing it until I'm ready to build a 29er. I don't mind the aluminum so much.

ooops....
    Make that Performance has the frames on sale right now.
    http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...7_20000_400314
    that frame has been on sale for quite a while, beginning to think its just the regular price

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Seems to be the Nasbar way, everything is "on sale" for that same price for a long time. I just put a order in for the 29r. on sale for $399.99 org $599.99 well its been $399.99 for a year!

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorBob
    Seems to be the Nasbar way, everything is "on sale" for that same price for a long time. I just put a order in for the 29r. on sale for $399.99 org $599.99 well its been $399.99 for a year!
    not really, its on sale for a bit then it changes. the access frame has been on sale for a lot longer

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    On sale now for $349.00

Crap I just picke it up last week for $399.00

Thats $50 for upgrades......

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Does it come with a Rear D Hanger...? Are the stock hubs able to accept a 9 speed cassette like the Stout...?...? If so, I am gonna get one tomorrow.......

mtbr member
    It's the same exactthing as an 08 stout. Yes they can take a cassette and I think the latest ones on nashbar come with discs which I suppose is an upgrade from when I bought mine
    SS Rigid =

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Going to call tomorrow and ask Nashbar to verify. Want to be sure. Not sure how I will dig the single speed thing and that is the reason I am probably not buying a 2010 Rockhopper SL SS(Brand new, I already saw/rode it) from this guy on Craigslist...he is selling for $500. It is a single speed for life...awesome bike and I am a Specialized guy. Just don't like the feeling of not having the option if I so choose.

If they say it is 9spd compatibile I will orbably order one tomorrow....it is $350 and they are having an extra 15% of today and tomorrow. $336 to the front door. Been over and over this , the RHopper, and all the deals on Jenson and BDirect....ready to make a move on something.

Any advice...?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Dawes Dead Eye. Cheaper and steel (Cro-Mo) frame/fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Dawes was my first choice. Not so much anymore. Not too confident in it with all the ?'s about allignment problems and such. Nice bike but for $16 more dollars....probably get the Nashbar and strip the paint if its hideous.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My Nashbar just came in, 25min and i was on the road. It has mounts for changing it to a multi speed. The bike works great, disc breaks work with no issues (unlike the deadeye). Now i need to get into shape!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HalFliP
    Dawes was my first choice. Not so much anymore. Not too confident in it with all the ?'s about allignment problems and such. Nice bike but for $16 more dollars....probably get the Nashbar and strip the paint if its hideous.
    the paint wasn't hideous at all but when the person you rise with has the exact same bike minus a few mods, you kinda want something different
    SS Rigid =

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Opted out for the 2010 Rockhopper I was looking at. Better choice in the long run....$500. Can't beat it...the guy wants out of it. Either way...it will be a great second bike...! Pics later tonite....leaving in 15 min to go grab it.

mtbr member
    No offense Man but I can't see where a rockhopper is a better choice in the long run. I am not just saying this because I have this bike. Everything on a rochopper is entry level, right on par with this bike. This is a 2008 se racing stout frame painted a weird color. So what makes it better? The name?
    I see u have a pitch so that would make sense. Also good luck on ur first 29er I went from 26 ht to 26 Fs to 29er rigid and never road the others again

Just sayin
    SS Rigid =

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    got to spend the money on what will make you happy.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast