Thread: My Rockhopper!

mtbr member
    May 2011

My Rockhopper!

First ride with the new Homebrewed chainring and KMC single speed chain. Probably one of the last good ones here in Missouri before the snow falls. Got a couple decent pics of my rockhopper after today's ride. Also, just got a new commuter! Early 90's (i think 1991 or 1993) Bianchi Europa with all original parts except for the specialized seat I threw on. Enjoy!

http://mwtcyclingclub.44.forumer.com/
    our local midwest bike forum... check it out!

mtbr member

Good job! Rockhoppermania

Great pics! I really like the cog I was wanting to order an anno-ed front ring and wondered what green would look like, Thats really nice. Maybe our Rockhoppers could have a playdate lol Anyway, looks fun. I bless it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Rockhopper!-mrtleft.jpg  

My Rockhopper!-mrtside.jpg  

Where there is choice, there is misery...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just went to my lbs today to talk about helping me build an SS. Wanted to make sure he would be OK with me buying stuff elsewhere and also ask his advice about a wheelset.

He is a Spec. dealer and I got to looking at the new inventory. Up on the rack are two price reduced '10 RH's with the sliding dropouts like the bikes above. I took one out for a spin to see if it felt close to my 26" RH. Components aren't what I will wind up with, but will work fine as I switch over. Fork locks out pretty well but plan on getting one similar to the Ritchie on GFB's bike.

I think I can talk him down a little and even after switching out the chain ring and cog should have less than 800 in a new bike I can ride. He has a payment plan for poor folks like me and I'm excited that I could be riding this bike before March starts to warm the earth up again.

Got on here and saw this thread and got pumped up all over, whew! can't wait.

mtbr member
    Those are some beautiful bikes! Thanks for all the pictures!
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    That bashguard looks straight up dangerous!

That'll leave more than rookie marks... badass.

Bro Mountainbiker
    I got a buddy with that model bike. His is geared with a salsa fork. Rides really well! Except for the bb5s
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thanks for the comments guys! yeah i really like it. im thinking of going with a reba in the near future to save some weight. i tried rigid and it just wasnt for me... we have a few pretty rocky trails out here and i feel like im a little faster in the downhills with the susp fork. just a personal preference.

and nice hopper man! needs some dirt on it though!

(btw the "go!" on the bashguard stands for team go, its the team i race on out here in kansas city, for those wondering lol)
    http://mwtcyclingclub.44.forumer.com/
    our local midwest bike forum... check it out!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynn Sluder View Post
    Just went to my lbs today to talk about helping me build an SS. Wanted to make sure he would be OK with me buying stuff elsewhere and also ask his advice about a wheelset.

He is a Spec. dealer and I got to looking at the new inventory. Up on the rack are two price reduced '10 RH's with the sliding dropouts like the bikes above. I took one out for a spin to see if it felt close to my 26" RH. Components aren't what I will wind up with, but will work fine as I switch over. Fork locks out pretty well but plan on getting one similar to the Ritchie on GFB's bike.

I think I can talk him down a little and even after switching out the chain ring and cog should have less than 800 in a new bike I can ride. He has a payment plan for poor folks like me and I'm excited that I could be riding this bike before March starts to warm the earth up again.

Got on here and saw this thread and got pumped up all over, whew! can't wait.
    UGH! Waiting for red santa is bad, waiting for brown santa is worse, but neither is like the hell of waiting for new bike santa! I hope he hurries for you.
    Where there is choice, there is misery...