My new McClung

Printable View

• 09-19-2008
    ptwood
    My new McClung
    So since throwing down my deposit back in May and waiting patiently for Don McClung #49 to come to life it has finally begun...

In another 3-5 weeks it should be ready to go to Spectrum and then the trail hopefully before the snow gets to deep! I am off to see if Shelman has started my wheels. I am trying to document as much of the build as I can and will post photos as they come up.

Cheers, P.T.
  • 09-19-2008
    D.F.L.
    Wow. I knew Don was old-school, but brazing parts by heating them with wood stove is... Neanderthal!

Bonus points for the 'Stone Light empties!
  • 09-19-2008
    ~martini~
    OH! Yay! Keep posting to this thread, eh? Excited to see it develop. McClung is verrrry high on my 'lottery' list.
  • 09-22-2008
    ~gomez~
    I second what Martini posted.....
  • 09-25-2008
    benwitt11
    I love plate forks. Those bikes are sweet!
  • 09-25-2008
    ptwood
    I will try to get some updated photos this weekend, I've been working overtime to pay for this so I haven't had a chance to take photos for a bit... If you have a chance to visit Salida anytime soon you should, the trails are in great shape and the Aspens are going off!
    PO
    PT
  • 09-25-2008
    PBR Streetgang
    I love that old motorbike style he uses. Does he have a website? How much do they cost? ("If you have to ask . . ." is true in this case)
  • 09-25-2008
    slingshot
    1 Attachment(s)
    this one costs $750,000
  • 09-25-2008
    PBR Streetgang
    That doesn't seem worth it.
  • 09-25-2008
    29bri
    Wow,

Can't wait to see the end result. Keep the pics coming.

Brian
  • 09-29-2008
    ptwood
    A quick update My Fork is mostly done and Don is started on the main triangle...

Also I stopped by Sub Culture Cyclery and Jason laced up my wheel set.

So day after tomorrow we are of to Utah for a quick white rim trip and I am hoping when I return I can get a few photos of the frame starting to come together...

Cheers
    P.T.
  • 09-29-2008
    ptwood
    My buddy Joel just got his built and I don't think he'll mind if I post a picture here.

Cheers,
    P.T.
  • 09-30-2008
    ~martini~
    hmm. maybe I should just put my name on his list...

Thanks for the update pt.
  • 10-06-2008
    ptwood
    It is almost looking like a bicycle now!

The chain stays are bent and ready for the dropouts...

So maybe this week the whole diamond will come together!

Cheers,

P.T.
  • 10-14-2008
    ptwood
    Getting close Don said possibly by the weekend!

and then its off to Spectrum for color...
    :D
    P.T.
  • 10-14-2008
    PBR Streetgang
    Nice!
  • 10-15-2008
    sevencycle
    A True Colorado Native!!!!!!!!
  • 10-16-2008
    ptwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sevencycle
    A True Colorado Native!!!!!!!!

Me, (most of) my bikes and my kids...:thumbsup:
  • 10-20-2008
    ptwood
    the last few details

:thumbsup:
  • 10-20-2008
    ink1373
    I'm in love with this thread, and maybe Don McClung a little, too.
  • 10-20-2008
    sean salach
    ptwood's bike is giving me FT wood.
  • 10-21-2008
    n8whitie
    I love the old Keystone beer can crunched up in the corner of the first picture. Its the sign of a true master craftsman. These bikes are amazing..... I would love to own one of these bad boys.

Congrats on your new rig.
  • 10-22-2008
    ptwood
    Mock-up a bit more polishing and then off to the springs for color...

That maybe it for the pictures for a few weeks until it comes back all zinc yellow and oyster white ...

http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/spwdesign.php?section=bp&sectionpicture=1&fadeOut= false&whichPic=1&onEnterFrame=[type+Function]&fadeIn=false

:D
    P.T.
  • 10-22-2008
    ia_ss157
    That should be a pretty classy color combo for sure. Make sure to get it posted up when you finally get it. I hate it when these awesome build threads die...
  • 10-23-2008
    ink1373
    are you planning to do the typical mcclung bar setup? i've often dreamed of a mcclung with dirt drops...