Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zanq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    354

    My first SS build! (Inbred inside)

    Everyone else has been posting pics so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I've ridden an old converted Schwinn for a couple years and decided to build up a disc-specific SS rig this winter.

    Build list:
    Frame - On-One Inbred EBB, 20"
    Fork - Manitou Black Elite 80/100 Disc Specific
    Stem - Thomson Elite, 90mm x 5 degrees
    Seatpost - Thomson Elite
    Headset - Chris King
    Brakes - Avid Mech. Discs, 160 mm; Avid SD 7.0 levers
    Wheels - Surly New Disc hubs, Velocity VXC Disc rims, DT spokes
    Crank - TBA , either ENOs or Truvativ Stylo SSs, 32t
    BB - Bushell Eccentric, bottom bracket to be determined with crank
    Saddle - WTB Speed V
    Grips - ODI Lock-on Yetis
    Handlebar - Sette Riser, 24" x 1.5" rise
    Freewheel - White Ind. ENO, 16t
    assorted odds, ends and small pieces

    The pics with it on wheels is just a mock up, borrowing the wheels off my gearie; the actual wheels I plan to build will have white or black hoops, I haven't decided yet. Now for the porn...






    I welcome any input (good, bad, other items I should consider than what I listed, etc.)!

  2. #2
    I'm feeling dirty, you?
    Reputation: jonowee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    866

    Nice nixie

    Quote Originally Posted by zanq


    I welcome any input (good, bad, other items I should consider than what I listed, etc.)!
    Ehh?... brakes, brake cables, saddle (Ouch if you sat on that one), cranky bits, EBB, chain, satpost clamp, safer steerer tube, grips.... (wink wink)

    Oh... the anticipation of the finish build and first build. (daydream blank stare and drewling)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zanq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by jonowee
    Ehh?... brakes, brake cables, saddle (Ouch if you sat on that one), cranky bits, EBB, chain, satpost clamp, safer steerer tube, grips.... (wink wink)

    Oh... the anticipation of the finish build and first build. (daydream blank stare and drewling)
    I'm not sure where I want the stem yet, hence the extra bit of steer tube coming out the top. Once I get a seatpost clamp, I'll make the adjustments and cut'er down. EBB is in the mail and I haven't decided on what I want to do for cables or chain yet.

  4. #4
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,788

    sweet

    That's a nice looking Inbred. It will turn out sweet. I've got a gold one in the shop that I'm considering building up for myself. A few more pics like this may tip me over the edge...
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  5. #5
    I'm feeling dirty, you?
    Reputation: jonowee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    That's a nice looking Inbred. It will turn out sweet. I've got a gold one in the shop that I'm considering building up for myself. A few more pics like this may tip me over the edge...
    A gold one?!... I thought Inbreds only came in White, White or clearcoated Ti?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zanq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by jonowee
    A gold one?!... I thought Inbreds only came in White, White or clearcoated Ti?
    There are few around. They are a limited production for US dealers, you can't get them from Brant. It's a goldish/sand color and is pretty sweet! BUILD IT!!!!!

    http://webcyclery.com/product.php?pr...cat=439&page=1
    Last edited by zanq; 12-19-2004 at 10:11 AM.

  7. #7
    I'm feeling dirty, you?
    Reputation: jonowee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    866
    You lucky bastards!
    Pretty neat!, at least you'll find your Inbred when cheeky race organisers pile the white Inbreds together when you Le Mans start and can't see them.

    How limited is limited? a few dozen, hundreds, thousands?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zanq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by jonowee
    You lucky bastards!
    Pretty neat!, at least you'll find your Inbred when cheeky race organisers pile the white Inbreds together when you Le Mans start and can't see them.

    How limited is limited? a few dozen, hundreds, thousands?
    I would say it's probably hundred(s), but that is only a guess. If you email Brant at On-One he may be able to tell you. There is a thread around somewhere that he talked about the gold frames. If memory serves me right, he has never seen one in person, he just satisfied the requests from US dealers.

  9. #9
    Penis Goat!
    Reputation: GirchyGirchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    802
    On-One should make some little stickers that say "Inbred Inside!" and style them like the Intel stickers...those would make great head tube badges.

  10. #10
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    On-One should make some little stickers that say "Inbred Inside!" and style them like the Intel stickers...those would make great head tube badges.
    Too geeky for my tastes. How 'bout this, which is on the seat tube?

    baker
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: the Inbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,480
    yea for Inbreds

  12. #12
    Penis Goat!
    Reputation: GirchyGirchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by baker
    Too geeky for my tastes. How 'bout this, which is on the seat tube?

    baker
    I think I went to high school with him.

  13. #13
    Irish Stew
    Reputation: Mrpeppermint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    79

    Wink Nice bike.

    Looking good...I thought the inbred came with the ebb no?? My Johnny R. should be here in the next day or two..Like you, Im running Surly new disks & the mechs..& am undecided between the Eno crank & the Truvativ SS..Hopefully Santa will slide some $$ my way soon..(He's tired of my obsessing-LOL). Get some snowy trail shots up for us soon yeah?? I envy your location..probably wont see any white stuff down here..just ice
    Have fun on her & Happy New Year!

  14. #14
    Derailleurs owned: 0
    Reputation: c0jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    357
    White rims!!!
    because you don't see them everywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by zanq
    Everyone else has been posting pics so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I've ridden an old converted Schwinn for a couple years and decided to build up a disc-specific SS rig this winter.

    Build list:
    Frame - On-One Inbred EBB, 20"
    Fork - Manitou Black Elite 80/100 Disc Specific
    Stem - Thomson Elite, 90mm x 5 degrees
    Seatpost - Thomson Elite
    Headset - Chris King
    Brakes - Avid Mech. Discs, 160 mm; Avid SD 7.0 levers
    Wheels - Surly New Disc hubs, Velocity VXC Disc rims, DT spokes
    Crank - TBA , either ENOs or Truvativ Stylo SSs, 32t
    BB - Bushell Eccentric, bottom bracket to be determined with crank
    Saddle - WTB Speed V
    Grips - ODI Lock-on Yetis
    Handlebar - Sette Riser, 24" x 1.5" rise
    Freewheel - White Ind. ENO, 16t
    assorted odds, ends and small pieces

    The pics with it on wheels is just a mock up, borrowing the wheels off my gearie; the actual wheels I plan to build will have white or black hoops, I haven't decided yet. Now for the porn...

    I welcome any input (good, bad, other items I should consider than what I listed, etc.)!

  15. #15
    Are your pants fresh?
    Reputation: Freshpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    135

    I second

    "yea" the Inbreds.

    Nice build, how'd you manage to get one of the EBB versions? Good job.

    A question for you and all other Inbreeder's, which way do you prefer running the rear brake cable housing around the headtube? The cable guides are sort of on the right hand side. Not that it really matters, housing flexes enough. But were these located on the right side for Euro/Moto style brake levers? ie, front brake right, rear brake left?

    Just a wonderin'. It's a great bike. I got to ride mine again today.
    I'd thought about making a head badge for mine someday. If I ever get around to it I'll be sure to post it.

    FP

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zanq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    354
    The EBB frames are supposed to come with the Bushnell unit but for some reason Brant had frames but no EBBs, so he sold it to me as a standard Inbred. I sourced the EBB and it's on its way.

    I bought this frame back in Aug., and it looks like sometime between then and now On-One decided not to make this frame anymore. He had very few 20" frames in stock, so I'm wondering if I unknowingly snatched up one of the last.

    I don't have brakes or housing yet, but I've seen guys still use the right-hand lever for the rear brake. I did the same type of cable routing on my Cove (right shifter cable stayed on the right-hand side of the head tube) and it works fine. The turn is a little tighter than I'd like, but aesthetically and functionally it is fine. I think the frame is designed to route the cables Euro-style.

    She probably won't be ready until toward the spring thaw. It's a balmy 7 degrees F right now and I gots other bills to pay, so it will probably have its maiden voyage in the spring slush.

    I did play with Photoshop tonight to see what white rims might look like. This isn't perfect as it was only a 30 min. effort. Imagine no red hue in those couple of areas and no silver braking surface, just all white:



    I think I'm liking the white wheel idea!!!!
    Last edited by zanq; 12-19-2004 at 05:59 PM.

  17. #17
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshpants
    A question for you and all other Inbreeder's, which way do you prefer running the rear brake cable housing around the headtube? The cable guides are sort of on the right hand side. Not that it really matters, housing flexes enough. But were these located on the right side for Euro/Moto style brake levers? ie, front brake right, rear brake left?
    I run full length housing around the left side (sitting on the bike looking down) of both the headtube and seattube. Cable friction seems minimal. US style levers (right side rear brake).

    baker

  18. #18
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    On-One should make some little stickers that say "Inbred Inside!" and style them like the Intel stickers...those would make great head tube badges.
    Or how about t-shirts with said logo for PG gals?

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. Looking for Ti frame to build SS.
    By bob in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 11:33 AM
  3. Help a girl out with SS build
    By -kelly- in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:04 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 11:30 AM
  5. New SS build update....
    By donkey in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •