Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

my CCFSS (chinese carbon fiber single speed)

I would have posted this in the show your SS, but the thread was crashing my browser, too many fricking posts. Anyway, here is my SS, frame and fork from DengFu, Crossmax, and the rest of the parts from the bin. 32x20 which is perfect for the north jersey trails I frequent, 19.5 lbs, although I may put on bigger tires which will add a pound.

I have ridden single speeds back when I was a fit racer (10 years ago) and wasn't sure what I was getting into, but I finally realize the true beauty of the 29er wheels, they were made for singlespeed! and the carbon fork exceeded my expectation by a mile, not only am I doing power wheelies because the front is so light, but there is actually a nice bit of bump modulation. I love this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my CCFSS (chinese carbon fiber single speed)-img_1549.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I just bought a FR217 that looks alot like this. I think I can build it out under 18lb and under $2,200. Ima take it slow and find deals on my parts. Hope to have it finished in March.

Nice!

Phil

Big Boy
    so, Deng Fu makes Litespeed frames and Easton forks?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Weak..

You might want to remove or replace the flag sticker on the seat tube.
    Mark Farnsworth, Raleigh, NC
    http://farnsworthbikes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Or he can leave it. I love freedom!

mtbr member
    The paint job makes it so lame...so so lame

Big Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by fastcatfear View Post
    or he can leave it. I love lying/posing/false advertisement/counterfeitiing!
    fify

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    Misspell it Liceseed and Easson (pronouced with a chinese accent) and it would be pretty funny, I'm not really big on this "pretend to be something it isn't" stuff..

That being said, disregarding the decals, it looks like a fun bike.

Trail Junkie
    I assume that's a BB30 version?
    Have you considered a Beer Components BB30 EBB?
    It will clean up the rear end so you won't have to run a tensioner..probably drop
    some weight as well..

I am not going to knock your paint job or "replica" theme..its your bike, and you have to
    look at it and ride it. As far as the execution of it, it seemed to have turned out pretty good!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Misfit diSSent

Fut. Bikes:
    Banshee Phantom

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    That thing looks awesome! I do not like Carbon, but that is cool. Probably light frame. Good colors and I love the flag! If what dubdryver says is true about Beer EBB, that would be a super clean set up. Have fun, man.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    By the way, I love the GEAX tires but the label does NOT match my color scheme. I black out tire label with Sharpie. I like Hutch tires but would black out, the blue ink.

Trail Junkie
    WOW...thanks Hoolie, I thought I added the link in. Here is the link for Beer Components
    BEER Components

If you were looking for tires to match the paint.
    Maxxis Tires have yellow logos. I run the Ignitor EXO up front (590g) and Ikon EXO on the rear (585g)...pretty good all purpose, durable, fairly light setup.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Misfit diSSent

Fut. Bikes:
    Banshee Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrenseren View Post
    Misspell it Liceseed and Easson (pronouced with a chinese accent) and it would be pretty funny...
    Yeah, hilarious.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have the LTK023 with BSA bottom bracket, I should of bought the bb30 frame. I love it as single speed when the chain tensioner works. Anyone want to buy it I will sell it cheap as frame or whole bike I need it to fund a Ti tru SS frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    fify
    icwudt

Pretty sure, it is a joke.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I got the BB30 and going to run it through the summer with a tensioner. If any problems I am going to try Beer. Although I like trying new things, I look at those eccentric BB and think, "how the hell does that stay together!".

P

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    its not the BB30, its threaded hence the tensioner. Yeah the fake branding is lame, but where do you think these things are all made to begin with. I dig Litespeed so I put their brand on it, the way I look at it, it's free advertising, it's not like I started with a Huffy or I am selling knockoffs. I was going to do a Speciarized logo sticker, but I thought it was too derogatory. At some point I will have my own downtube logo, I have a few ideas but nothing that has motivated me to order some custom decals yet.

Whats wrong with the paintjob? I think it looks pretty cool, does it look like something else in the market, because if it does I don't know what. The black is actually the carbon weave.

Rock on brothers, its not about the bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    fify
    eatshit fagbait

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Stickers are your choice, I couldnt care less.

But, it's always about the bike!
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog100 View Post
    I have the LTK023 with BSA bottom bracket, I should of bought the bb30 frame. I love it as single speed when the chain tensioner works. Anyone want to buy it I will sell it cheap as frame or whole bike I need it to fund a Ti tru SS frame.
    I think this EBB should work for you.
    Phil Wood & Co.

Big Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddr View Post
    eatshit fagbait
    I don't know what either of those two words mean. But you gave a so you must have liked what I said!!

Awesome!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I am going to have to go with the masses on this one and the claim that the false branding is pretty weak. All to their own on the paint jobs, but when you start trying to play off a cheap carbon frame as another, thats pretty lame.

FWIW, I think texasnavy05 hit the nail on the head...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red5jedi View Post
    I think this EBB should work for you.
    Phil Wood & Co.
    My bike shop has one and talked me out of it Plus it is like $300 with the tool. They do not like EBB, said with desert riding they fail. I spent so much on this bike to make it a SS with 3 different chain tensioners. Now I just spent another 300 to make it 1x10 and I already have a geared 29er 2x10. LBS said just get a true SS frame and be done with it. However I wanted carbon because it is so light and stiff. LBS said get steel. I love the chinese frame, just not designed for SS. There is so many long climbs here and chain keeps loosening with tensioner.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You don't need the tool for the philcentric, and mine worked great on my Yelli Screamy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    what is the special tool for then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast