Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The special tool is for alignment of the cups, but it's not black magic. If you can operate a straight edge/ t square, you can get them lined up perfectly.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddr View Post
    I dig Litespeed
    Just not enough to actually buy one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    how many guys here leave on the "Made in Tawain" frame sticker? we are all pretty proud of that fact right?

all right my fake branding is lame, i will take the stickers off, but there is nothing "cheap" about this bike. it looks like all the other high end branded carbon frames, cause they are all made in the same place.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    how many guys here leave on the "Made in Tawain" frame sticker? we are all pretty proud of that fact right?

all right my fake branding is lame, i will take the stickers off, but there is nothing "cheap" about this bike. it looks like all the other high end branded carbon frames, cause they are all made in the same place.
    You were too cheap to buy a singlespeed frame, or a decent solution (like the philcentric) to make that frame SS friendly. It seems that you've missed something there.

Trail Junkie
    I completely forgot about the Philcentric, and maybe he did too..or maybe he wasn't even aware that it existed.

Why the heck is anyone knocking his bike? He paid for it, and he has to ride it, and if that is how he wants his bike to look, who cares?

All honesty, I'd still ride with him if he was on that bike..I don't care what people are riding on as long as we can hang on each other's back wheel during the ride. His bike could say "I <3 Justin Beiber for all I care. I may not agree with the way it looks, but I am not going to come and criticize him for it. I had no contribution during the build or design process, nor did I pay for anything. The guy was just stoked about building a new bike and though he would share it.

This is not towards OneBadWagon directly in response, but generally on this thread.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Misfit diSSent

Fut. Bikes:
    Banshee Phantom

The only thing lame is people giving you crap for the stickers. Unless you were planning to scam someone, who cares?

I do wish you can find a better/more elegant solution for the tensioner. It looks pretty cheesy, no offense.

crash test dummy
    I meant to do that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    Why the heck is anyone knocking his bike? He paid for it, and he has to ride it, and if that is how he wants his bike to look, who cares?
    I think the fact that he's adorned his cheap chinese framed bike (which on its own is all good) with the name of an iconic American brand is distasteful, cheesy and lame. Most of the backlash is well deserved, and quite frankly, hilarious.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    i bought the chinese carbon frame as my first foray into 29er, after resisting for any years. The previous bike was a 26er Litespeed Niota. I really liked the big wheels but wasn't so keen on the lack of rear suspension and the low BB for the riding I do so I bought a Spearfish and built it up with all my trick parts, and I love it! I had a choice to ditch the carbon frame or build it up as something else so I decided to do a SS, the tensioner is not desirable, but there aren't many choices. The BB is threaded so I can't do the EBB. I may go for the YESS tensioner at the BB, but in the meantime I am digging what I got. Here's my Spearfish! (yup it's real, and made in Taiwain!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my CCFSS (chinese carbon fiber single speed)-salsa.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

mtbr member

what a joke

too funny, guys. everyone b!tching about the rebranding like this dude is trying to re-sell it or something. lighten up quick, crybabies. life is short!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You judge them to be crybabies because of a post on the internet, we judged him because of his lame misrepresentation of his bike, and now you because you're an immature twat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by messofzero View Post
    too funny, guys. everyone b!tching about the rebranding like this dude is trying to re-sell it or something. lighten up quick, crybabies. life is short!
    I don't think anyone is crying or mad at this guy for doing what he's doing, we all are simple posting our opinions about the situation. He is free to do what he wants, but should also be aware that his actions are open to judgment by others, good or bad. Don't post pictures if you don't want people to talk about your bike, it's as simple as that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeRey521 View Post
    Don't post pictures if you don't want people to talk about your bike, it's as simple as that...
    Except people are talking about the stickers, not the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog100 View Post
    There is so many long climbs here and chain keeps loosening with tensioner.

I also tried several and they suck if they are sprung, you will get chain slap and will jump off the cog. This is whay I made my own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my CCFSS (chinese carbon fiber single speed)-carbontensioner.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    You judge them to be crybabies because of a post on the internet, we judged him because of his lame misrepresentation of his bike, and now you because you're an immature twat.
    dude thats deep! thanks for the insight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeRey521 View Post
    I don't think anyone is crying or mad at this guy for doing what he's doing, we all are simple posting our opinions about the situation. He is free to do what he wants, but should also be aware that his actions are open to judgment by others, good or bad. Don't post pictures if you don't want people to talk about your bike, it's as simple as that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oh i get how the internet works. i just think being offended by his label job is ridiculous. so i expressed that opinion, just like you expressed yours. jesus christ you guys are dense.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    Hey, I got a soon to be a beater 98 Accord that looks like a little like that beemer!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have the LTK023 with BSA bottom bracket, I should of bought the bb30 frame. I love it as single speed when the chain tensioner works. Anyone want to buy it I will sell it cheap as frame or whole bike I need it to fund a Ti tru SS frame.
    just saw your ad and then this thread. pm'd you. I'm interested in the frame only

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red5jedi View Post
    I think this EBB should work for you.
    Phil Wood & Co.
    Just got the PHIL EBB now lets see if this works.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    just saw your ad and then this thread. pm'd you. I'm interested in the frame only
    sorry bro, I just dropped another $300 on this phil wood EBB. If I do not like the setup I will PM ya and sell ya the frame. I took AD down.

rebmem rbtm

I'll sell you this sticker

As is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my CCFSS (chinese carbon fiber single speed)-lol.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    sorry bro, I just dropped another $300 on this phil wood EBB. If I do not like the setup I will PM ya and sell ya the frame. I took AD down.
    For my sake i hope it fails miserably! let me know, i really want onenof these frames, just wish someone in america imported a stash already it would make things much easier

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It looks good, and who cares about the sticker? only internet warriors! Lets ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by red5jedi View Post
    I also tried several and they suck if they are sprung, you will get chain slap and will jump off the cog. This is whay I made my own.
    you oughtta make it push up on the chain to get rid of the chain jump.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast