mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Monocog riders: What tire sizes are you running?

Hi all, I was just wondering what tires/sizes everyone is running on their Monocogs? I've got WTB 2.1's on there right now and would like to go with something bigger, does anyone know what size the monocog will allow for? I've got a 2002 monocog (not sure if the geometry has changed since then). . .thanks!

-Jeremy

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jerms
    Hi all, I was just wondering what tires/sizes everyone is running on their Monocogs? I've got WTB 2.1's on there right now and would like to go with something bigger, does anyone know what size the monocog will allow for? I've got a 2002 monocog (not sure if the geometry has changed since then). . .thanks!

-Jeremy
    See this thread from last week. monocog + rear tire ???

I'm running a Kenda Blue Groove 2.5 on the stock rigid front fork and a Continental Vertical Pro 2.3 on the rear. The Vert Pro needs to be at least half way back in the drop outs to clear the chain stays. Frame and fork are 2003.

Shea

KRN
    mtbr member

Kenda Karmas

on my 04 Monocog 26x1's on here pretty good tire but no much grip in high speed turns nice clearence between the frame. When these wear out not sure what I'll move up too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by isburns
    See this thread from last week. monocog + rear tire ???

I'm running a Kenda Blue Groove 2.5 on the stock rigid front fork and a Continental Vertical Pro 2.3 on the rear. The Vert Pro needs to be at least half way back in the drop outs to clear the chain stays. Frame and fork are 2003.

Shea
    Thanks for the heads up on the thread from last week, I didn't realize this topic came up so recently, sorry about my lack of doing a search before posting.

-Jeremy

Am I getting too bulky?

Cool-blue Rhythm

FWIW, I was able to run the WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4 race on the back of the MonoCog without any trouble, in about the same position as the Tioga I currently hjave back there. The tire is very narrow for a 2.4. Didn't like the tire, but that's not what your asking, and others do so ...
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.