mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Modifing a Geared Ti Frame with Sliders

Has anyone had their conventional geared Ti frame modified with Paragon sliders? Who can do it and how much?

Mojo

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I would say, actually acquiring the sliders would be the super cheap part... you can buy direct from paragon for anywhere from 130-250 IIRC depending on specific style. you could easily spend that if not more in labor installing on a frame. did you already have a frame builder in mind? I would inquire as to the cost before getting all of the stuff pulled together. BTW, what frame are you modding?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    No builder in mind, just putting some info and pricing together if it is cost effective. I was thinking of the Motobecane pro Ti 29 with shram xx. I would use most of the commonents to up grade my Mojo, and sell the rest.

My buddy bought one and the frame is very nice.

Mojo

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    depending on where you are, I know there are quite a few frame builders in northern CA that work in titanium... steve potts and sycip immediately come to mind. You may wish to shoot inquiries to them to see what they can do for you.

mtbr member
    Would buying the complete bike and then the sliders and then paying a builder to modify/install them really be cheaper than just having a custom frame built???

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by farrisw1
    Would buying the complete bike and then the sliders and then paying a builder to modify/install them really be cheaper than just having a custom frame built???
    I guess it all depends on the price for the mods. 3000 for a Ti shram xx 29er is close to the cost of just a custom Ti frame w/o fork. And this package is all top of the line stuff, encluding the fork. The wheels alone are close to a grand plus the drive train is another 1500, adds up quick if purchased separately. Not that I'm using the drive train, but it adds to the sweet deal they are offering.

Mojo

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    while I love sliding dropouts, perhaps the better/cheaper route would be the forward components EBB.

but I do understand what your jiving at w/ getting this bike and stripping the high end stuff for your mojo.