DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Moab/Fruita/GJ recs for SS...

Looks like I "need" to make a "business" related trip out to Grand Junction in the next week or two and I'm "stuck" with only my SS rig, so wanted to get some opinions on some trail recs in GJ, Fruita and Moab that are more SS specific. I've done all the known Fruita stuff and all of the name Moab stuff, but all geared and racking my memory for what would be best without gears and without any suspension. For example, P Rim is usually a must do but I gotta imagine it's not quite as fun a downhill on the rigid. But what about Sovereign which I haven't tried yet? And the Kokepelli stuff will definitely be on the list. Thanks, S

This place needs an enema

Here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Looks like I "need" to make a "business" related trip out to Grand Junction in the next week or two and I'm "stuck" with only my SS rig, so wanted to get some opinions on some trail recs in GJ, Fruita and Moab that are more SS specific. I've done all the known Fruita stuff and all of the name Moab stuff, but all geared and racking my memory for what would be best without gears and without any suspension. For example, P Rim is usually a must do but I gotta imagine it's not quite as fun a downhill on the rigid. But what about Sovereign which I haven't tried yet? And the Kokepelli stuff will definitely be on the list. Thanks, S
    In Moab, go UP the Porc Rim singletrack until you've had your fill, then turn around and come down. It's actually really fun that way on a SS. Gemini Bridges is also a good one with one gear.

In Fruita, 18 road stuff is real good, and the Kokopelli stuff is some of the best rigid single speeding on earth. Excepting Moore Fun (skip it til you have gears with ya), you can ride 90-95% of the trails and techy moves with your single.

Weather here is in the 60's and 70's, with light breezes and light overcast the past several days. Plus the flowers are starting to pop...

Enjoy it.

MC

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Sovereign's great and fun on SS... I need a trip out there!

KgB
    SNGLSPD

all of 18 road is good

and most of loma/rabbit valley too.
    we usually do a SS shop ride,stop in OTE in Fruita for details.
    I've been inside too long.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Excellente! Would be great to hook up for a group ride! P Rim out and back is a great idea. And I just need to check out Sovereign. Never got around to it last trip. Thanks all. S