Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mmmmm... New shiny parts...

904 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  screampint 
#1 ·
Put new shiny bike parts on my bike and took it for a New Year's ride. Rode solo since I didn't have much time to be away from home.

The trail was in superb condition and so was the bike.

Up close and personal with the new front end:

New stuff consists of a Chris King headset, Tompson stem, Easton bar, Pace carbon fork (lovely, smooths out the bumps well, almost like a suspension fork), Avid discs, and DT wheel (240S hub with DT rima nd spokes).

She rides beautifully!

See less See more
#3 ·
screampint said:
Put new shiny bike parts on my bike and took it for a New Year's ride. Rode solo since I didn't have much time to be away from home.
Nice parts. Very shiny.

So tell me, is that sunshine? And dry trails??? A distant memory here in the PNW -- lately nothing but rain & mud. May need to bring bikey down south for some respite, fun, and just plain survival.

Enjoy the new improved ride!

#8 ·
Yes, sunshine and dry trails. Actually, not quite dry but damp trails to provide that perfect tackiness for better traction. Yep, this winter is looking good. A couple years ago it looked like this, I hope we can avoid it and keep that stuff in the high country for the skiers.:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.