mtbr member

Misfit Psycles , good frame, what do you think?

I have recently been checking out the Misfit dissent frame after a friend told me he is getting the Canadian made one. So I have sent a few emails to Peter asking a few questions about the frame specs. All my emails have been returned in a few hours or less. Quicker than actual friends of mine. So I was alittle skeptical of the guy who couldnt get his frame thread.
    Anyway anyone actually riding these frames want to wax poetic on their pros and cons? Looking to possibly purchase after having read some reviews.
    Walt

PS will go for the Tawainese version

Ovaries on the Outside
    A lot of people love them. Some people have had bad experiences. I've bought some handlebars from the guy and the emails and product were promptly responded to....

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've got a Misfit Dissent AL and I love it... Geometry is great... I am considering upgrading to TI... originally wnated to get a Misfits Steel frame, but he's no longer making those.
    A tad bit hefty for an aluminum frame at 4.5 pounds... but still a VERY nice frame.
    And I also found the company to be very responsive.

Dorkimus Prime
    I have the DiSSent steel and love it. The company is good to deal with as well....

He is a one man operation - with family - occasionally he may get behind. However, that was the first poor service complaint I've ever heard about Misfit.

Check out the DiSSEnt reviews on here...they are very good.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    A lot of people love them. Some people have had bad experiences. I've bought some handlebars from the guy and the emails and product were promptly responded to....
    When you say "bad experiences" , are you referring to the frame,materials, and workmanship or customer service? Specifics please.

Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by petersbike View Post
    I have recently been checking out the Misfit dissent frame after a friend told me he is getting the Canadian made one. So I have sent a few emails to Peter asking a few questions about the frame specs. All my emails have been returned in a few hours or less. Quicker than actual friends of mine. So I was alittle skeptical of the guy who couldnt get his frame thread.
    Anyway anyone actually riding these frames want to wax poetic on their pros and cons? Looking to possibly purchase after having read some reviews.
    Walt

PS will go for the Tawainese version
    I was that guy.

I did get my frame yesterday and I'm pleased with it. The only issue I had with Peter was a lack of communication. He did do everything he could to take care of me but it just wasn't communicated very well.

Don't let my experience deter you from buying.

Edit: BTW, the frame does look pretty bad ass. I'm excited to get it built up.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I have a Misfit and love it. Peter has been great and gave me good info on the frame when I was building it and again when I decided to take it from geared to SS. The frame has held up great for the abuse I give it...

HTFU!
    I put a lot of miles on my Dissent and I really like it (pics on the blog). Know quite a few others that have them also. I was on a group ride recently where 3 of the 7 riders had Dissents (they are pretty popular here in the triangle area of NC). I have the raw polished to a nice shine so it looks real purrrty. I will be looking for another frame soon that can be geared or SS (for the wife to ride occasionally), considering another Dissent.

I <3 29ers
    Wax poetic? I'm not good with rhymes, but i'll try to put in the time ...

I don't think they're good frames at all. The word good hardly does them justice, imho. I'd say an accurate descriptor is "great". Plenty of Taiwanese frames out there, but most with a higher price tag. Misfit brings a whallop of a punch in the value department here, afaic. Sizing is well thought out, as is geometry, and the geared/ss/Rohloff dropout options bring great versatility.

I've owned 3 Dissents (2 Taiwan ALs and currently own the only Ti frame he had built) and i've never had any kind of problem while riding them. Nothing, period.

Cons? No more v-brake posts. For the few bucks it costs per frame I would never had removed the option, but it's not my company (working on my own now).

If you go for it be sure to post up pics and thoughts.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Good? No, absolutely not. Great? Yes. You may find lighter but never better,
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!

mtbr member
    Do they come faced and chased?
    Mind your own religion.

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonDartFrog View Post
    Do they come faced and chased?
    **** faced and chased by women Canada wide? Sound like Peter.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

mtbr member
    I have a misfit dissent al frame and absolutely love it. I'm 6'4 and the geometry of an XL frame is perfect for me.

I wouldn't really call it a con as its probably my fault, but I did have to upgrade/replace the 4 bolts for the slider assembly because I stripped the hex head after a month or so. $3 spent at the hardware store and I've never had a problem since.

I would definitely get this frame again.

Love,peace and baby geese
    Sep 2008

Customer for life

I bought one for the wife and Fubars for my beer hauler. Peter is a "beauty way to go"!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities.
    Albert Einstein

29erPastryChef
    Nov 2007
    I have a Misfit, I love this bike it is a very dialled ride. Getone,you can't go wrong with Peter's company, he has been on point from day one. Like other's have said there are lots of Taiwanese frames out in the land, but none ride the way a Misfit does.