mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Misfit Psycles - Anyone else having issues?

On December 11th I ordered a Dissent AL in Raw with a bronze head tube badge. At the time I ordered the frame the status was "In Stock" and said it would usually ship in 24 hours. After over one month, a series of emails, no tracking numbers and no real answers from Peter when he does actually respond to my email, I have no frame, no explanation why, no shipping information and no tracking number.

Anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you get an explanation? Did you get your frame?
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GChambers View Post
    On December 11th I ordered a Dissent AL in Raw with a bronze head tube badge. At the time I ordered the frame the status was "In Stock" and said it would usually ship in 24 hours. After over one month, a series of emails, no tracking numbers and no real answers from Peter when he does actually respond to my email, I have no frame, no explanation why, no shipping information and no tracking number.

Anyone else having the same issue? If so, did you get an explanation? Did you get your frame?
    Have you tried a phone call?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy33 View Post
    Have you tried a phone call?
    There are no paper trails on telephone calls.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i did not have any issues like this. Like Jonesy said make a phone call. Then I would write a follow up email what was discussed on the phone. But seriously call them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Give them a call... Peter comes across much nicer on the phone, and seems more responsive to phone calls.

When ordering a frame last year... I called and was quite pleasantly surprised that the business owner actually answered the phone.

A phone call may not be good for a paper trail, but it will probably actually get you your bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GChambers View Post
    There are no paper trails on telephone calls.
    Paper trail? Seriously? Just pick up the freaking phone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    After multiple promises and never giving me a ship date or tracking number on the two shipments he claims he sent to me I've just called the CC company and disputed the charge. I sent multiple emails. Several never got answered. Asked for tracking numbers on several occasions and never got either a tracking number or an approximate delivery date. I'm very disappointed that it came to this. This frame was what I'd been looking for. I liked everything about it but I'll find something else.

I do appreciate that you guys called and spoke to him and you may be right about that eventually getting this resolved. Through my business dealings and the nature of what I do now, I've grown acustomed to communicating on business matters through email and written communication just because of the possibility of situations like this. With email chains there is always some record of the communication and there are no misunderstandings. It's a habit I've gotten into over the years and has served me well in situations such as this.

I'm very disappointed that it came to this. Unfortunately, at this point, I just can't trust him and his business. I'm moving on to something else. That's too bad. I think the guy has a good business model and some decent products. Hopefully for him mine is an isolated incident for him.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ark View Post
    Paper trail? Seriously? Just pick up the freaking phone.
    I shouldn't have to. Seriously.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I just received an email from Peter.

I have considered this matter resolved at this point.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    First I want to assure that I'm not trying to be a d!ck. I personally would have cancelled my order if the bike hadn't shipped after just one week so I can imagine your frustration.
    I also communicate through email and text more than I care to admit. They an be good tools for communication but nothing can replace actual person to person interaction. I'm willing to bet that had you called Misfit/Peter and actually "spoke" with him you could have had this issue sorted within a couple of minutes. Even though you've cancelled your order "I" personally would still give him a call just to get a "direct" answer as to what the freaking problem was.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Matter resolved - Thread closed per OP's request.

Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct