Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Merlin Roots..$6500..

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  dr.welby 
#1 · (Edited)
Very Retrotechish, just lose the Rohloff and you've got a very expensive EBB Ti SS.

1G1G, Brad

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Why why why?

:eek: Why is a bike with one gear more expensinve than a bike with 27 gears and derailliuers and suspension and stuff?

And why does an extra tube make is so much more expensive and elusive?

Where's the surly cruiser frame, i say?

1G1G, Brad[/QUOTE]

#11 ·
Ugly. U-L-G-Y, Ugly. As cruisers go, this has got to be the ugliest one on the market. The lines just aren't there for me. Curvy top, straight bottom. Uhg. All for a measly $6k. Whatever!

Now the original Newsboy, THAT was a classy lookin' rig. And the real RetroTechs. Those make me all hot and bothered.

#12 ·
i don't know....i've seen some absolutely b!tchin' retrotechs (francois' especially), but i actually really dig a straight downtube more than a curved one. i think that bike is incredibly gorgeous, however, it's waaaaay overpriced. merlin isn't what it used to be. ten years ago that bike would have soul, today it's just an overpriced pile of ti (albeit a beautiful pile of ti).

the_dude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.