Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361

    Me in Chameleon H@ll!

    pics sometimes say a thousand words huh? Here's me spending some quality time with my Sherman watching some MXC on Spike. Waiting for the Chameleon has been tougher on the Sherman than me so I figured a little bonding time was in order. Sad, isn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    103

    Ha! I can so relate...

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    pics sometimes say a thousand words huh? Here's me spending some quality time with my Sherman watching some MXC on Spike. Waiting for the Chameleon has been tougher on the Sherman than me so I figured a little bonding time was in order. Sad, isn't it?
    Ha! You look how I feel. Just replace that fork with a pair of built Phil SS wheels...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    44

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    pics sometimes say a thousand words huh? Here's me spending some quality time with my Sherman watching some MXC on Spike. Waiting for the Chameleon has been tougher on the Sherman than me so I figured a little bonding time was in order. Sad, isn't it?
    I know how you feel. I'm sure it will be coming soon. My Chameleon frame finally came in last Thursday. I had ordered it on Feb. 21st. My circumstances were a little different because I had ordered Matte Orange and I ended up contacting Santa Cruz directly to see what the story was. As you know, they had discontinued that color but I got lucky as they had a sample one in Matte Orange that they sent to me. I should have pics up soon.

    I too, spent some *quality time* with my Marzzochi fork prior to the frame's arrival...

  4. #4
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Circus Creature
    I know how you feel. I'm sure it will be coming soon. My Chameleon frame finally came in last Thursday. I had ordered it on Feb. 21st. My circumstances were a little different because I had ordered Matte Orange and I ended up contacting Santa Cruz directly to see what the story was. As you know, they had discontinued that color but I got lucky as they had a sample one in Matte Orange that they sent to me. I should have pics up soon.

    I too, spent some *quality time* with my Marzzochi fork prior to the frame's arrival...
    lol, somehow it just doesn't take the place of riding though does it??

    the lead times on those frames bites. I just wish I got a straight story from the lbs and didn't have to call SC myself like I finally did yesterday. I ordered mine 3/7 and heard yesterday that frames might be in the end of this month (originally told end of March) then paint so it looks like 10 weeks + for me assuming they even hold to that schedule. Hope you are enjoying yours and pleas post some pics to make me feel better (or worse!).

    Peace man!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  5. #5
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    i really do feel bad for you guys.

    i had 2 chameleons delivered in less than 2 weeks. the first was a Large trans blue that was too small, the second was a duke blue XL that came in about 3 days after i ordered it.

    one of the perks of being on the left coast, or just good timing?
    [size=1][/size]

  6. #6
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    i had 2 chameleons delivered in less than 2 weeks. the first was a Large trans blue that was too small, the second was a duke blue XL that came in about 3 days after i ordered it.

    one of the perks of being on the left coast, or just good timing?
    Lots of perks out there bud. Fish tacos, for instance...

    Im really looking into that Cowan btw. Kona guys seemed to think 5" might make it too slack. Its built around a 4" fork I guess. It's my size, priced fair, and hanging on the shelf.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    lol, somehow it just doesn't take the place of riding though does it??

    the lead times on those frames bites. I just wish I got a straight story from the lbs and didn't have to call SC myself like I finally did yesterday. I ordered mine 3/7 and heard yesterday that frames might be in the end of this month (originally told end of March) then paint so it looks like 10 weeks + for me assuming they even hold to that schedule. Hope you are enjoying yours and pleas post some pics to make me feel better (or worse!).

    Peace man!
    Hey, namaSSte. I just posted a few pics for you on the SC thread:
    Post your lizards. (Chameleon)

  8. #8
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Circus Creature
    Hey, namaSSte. I just posted a few pics for you on the SC thread:
    Post your lizards. (Chameleon)
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That matte orange is flat out sick! Thanks for posting!!!! Have a blast on it (as if you wouldn't duh!) and let me know whatcha think of the ride.

    Peace brutha!
    Scott
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MrNatural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    31

    i feel much better now!

    i just recently moved to a small mountain village. after riding around a bit on my mono cog, i decided that some of the hills around here could need gears.

    so i got a new scuba yellow chameleon frame off of eBay for $430.00 shipped. i set it up as a 9 speed, with a 32 tooth chain ring. i rode it around for about a week. and found myself using mostly the 11 tooth cog on everything but the speepest hills.

    aside from realizing that i was carring around a bunch of gears i didn't need, i felt kinda like a p***y for havin' 'em. weird huh?

    anyway when it suddenly developed a chain skip i decided it would be much better to convert it to SS. man it looks bad, rides good and makes me sure i'm still a man.

    as the old saying goes "i'd rather push my SS, than ride a geared bike"

  10. #10
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNatural
    with a 32 tooth chain ring. i rode it around for about a week. and found myself using mostly the 11 tooth cog on everything but the speepest hills.
    dude, if you are SS'ing a 32x11, you ain't no p@ss unless you're riding it in a velodrome!

    d@mn thats a big gear!

    glad you're diggin it though, keep em turning and when you can't, push like a mutha!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Similar Threads

  1. SC Chameleon vs Gunnar Rock Hound
    By sbek in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
  2. ATTENTION Chameleon Owners!
    By P-Funk in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 11:04 PM
  3. Chameleon shifting problems?
    By Klaus in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:31 AM
  4. Help Me... Building '04 Chameleon SS
    By Scotian Lotion in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:43 PM
  5. Question re Chameleon dropouts
    By BCHeckler in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 08:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •