mtbr member

Maxxis Mobster 2.35 st

Just bought Maxxis Mobster 2.35 st tires to my ss On-One. Anyone have those? Condition here in northern Finland is pretty eh..snowy, so any real trailbeating is impossible until next april or so. Only have experienses from snowriding and i like

Just another Homer
    Well, I'm about a third of the way around the world from you, but I had the chance to ride in the snow in Southern Cal no less on our Turkey day ride.These tires have been the best tires I have rode yet.I have tried in excess of 30 different tires and easily 20 more different combinations.I really love these tires and I'm really suprised I don't see more on the trails around here.I also run a 2.1 version in the rear and did try to run this size in the front once and I didn't care for it at all.The Super Tacky version is the number one tire in my book.It wears quite fast,but continues to grip.But I have to say in the snow,they were miserable.It looked like everyone else was having the same problem though, except people who were running a skinnier tire???I just assumed the fatter the tire the better the grip.It didn't work well here,but in ALL other conditions it has excelled.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith