Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by RemusRM View Post
    I saw in the ads a magna fixie for 90 bucks. What is your opinion of it?

MAGNA Silver / Red / White Fixie - 28" : Target
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

mtbr member
    So how long until these show up on Craigslist debadged and repainted for $500+?

mtbr member
    I've already seen them for sale on Craigslist for 2 and 3 times as much as msrp, not even debadged or repainted.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    they are down to $35 at my target! lol

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by chester2123 View Post
    they are down to $35 at my target! lol
    Ride report!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

mtbr member
    Just wanted to let you know that ya'll are dirty bike bashers...for shame!

www.bigboxbikes.com • View topic - Another bashing on MTBR
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Hah!

mtbr member
    Correct me if im wrong but isnt there such a thing called upgrading?
    If a frame is decent and the componants are cheap such as the case
    with a few LBS bikes then why is it such a bad deal or just crap in general?

Doesnt a $500.00 LBS hardtail come with cheap Sr suntour "square taper cranks
    and cheap suntour XCT shocks and bottom of the line derailleurs and cheap mechanical
    brakes?..come on guys; i so agree with the people assembling them should be given a basic
    bike assembly course; but look at the big picture here..Its upgradeable and a candidate for
    a re assembly by someone capable. The bikes are of better quality than one from previous
    years and its getting even better..Not all models are getting the better features or upgrades
    but some are..There are many models with very well designed frames and are just as capable
    as any other bike of its type..I wont say that this is something you want for a professional rider
    who has alot of strength and not afraid to go off drop offs or huge jumps but they are capable of
    riding a basic trails or commute throught the streets as any other bike..As far as dual suspension models are concerned i agree many of them are garbage as with some of the hardtails but again some are very capable fun trail bikes that with some mods you would be very surprised how they perform and hold up compared to or the same as a LBS brand bike..The Genesis brand V2100 and the Saber believe it or not have a remarkable frame and geometry for a dual suspension bike and are very worthy of upgrades..Some 29er models like the Mongoose XR pro are equipped as good if not better than some LBS bikes are for the same money..If you are on a very low budget and just want to have fun and maybe upgrade in time instead of having to dish out alot of money at one time then you cant go wrong on some of the models offered.

mtbr member
    Sorry guys...

"Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    28"?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Sorry guys...

I'm not sure what you are talking about, that site is amazing. I have so many questions I don't know where to begin.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

one chain loop
    not sure what the big deal is. clearly they have their own group for their bike of choice.

if they post here regarding a big box bike, then don't expect the same excitement they are getting from that forum site.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    To the original poster...If you like that bike and it will get you riding then by all means its a good bike..I wont tell you it has the best parts on it or its a professional grade bike of its type but it can be a very good bike..If you cant work on it i would suggest if you did buy it that you take it to a local bike shop and let them do a once over on it for safety..In reality those who assemble them for the department stores do not have a very good reputation at assembling them correctly and in some cases to the degree of maybe someone getting hurt..Its sad but its true...But if its assembled and tuned properly i can assure you its just as good as a bike as any costing 3 times the amount...you can upgrade as you go along or see fit and have fun with the bike...you dont need pro componants to enjoy your bike...If you like the bike then go for it.

mtbr member
    I looked up the bike and a few upgrades i would recommend should you decide to get it is to upgrade to aluminum pedals, an aluminum seat post, handle bars and a stem..Im sure they are very heavy steel parts.. a lighter bike requires less effort to use as well...the rest just ride till it needs replacing. Im willing to bet a drop of over 1 lb replacing the parts i mentioned..It says it weighs 30lbs..The frame is steel however..maybe see if you can find one with an aluminum frame..if not an aluminum fork would help drop alot of weight.
    Last edited by 6sharky9; 01-29-2013 at 08:25 PM.

mtbr member
    ^this troll is on the SS forum now too? dammit.

clown question, bro
    inb4 this turns into another sharky thread.

But, seriously sharky, can you please leave the SS forum be? There's lots more people in other forums to troll. The SS forum is generally pretty peaceful.

mtbr member
    Ill be on every forum or thread with anyone asking for help on a low end bike..if you dont like then you dont have to read..i wont argue on this thread and said my peace...have a nice day gentleman.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
    Ill be on every forum or thread with anyone asking for help on a low end bike..if you dont like then you dont have to read..i wont argue on this thread and said my peace...have a nice day gentleman.
    until you get banned for epic trolling.

you're clearly and by your own admission here for one reason and one reason only... to stir up trouble. this is something you've admitted on this board and the bbb forum. you've even bragged on bbb about all the chaos you're stirring up on here.

the banhammer can't drop on you soon enough.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    until you get banned for epic trolling.

you're clearly and by your own admission here for one reason and one reason only... to stir up trouble. this is something you've admitted on this board and the bbb forum. you've even bragged on bbb about all the chaos you're stirring up on here.

the banhammer can't drop on you soon enough.
    Agreed. Although I enjoyed the trolling in General. Can they ban from everything but general?

mtbr member
    Ill be on every forum or thread with anyone asking for help on a low end bike
    Impressive, you are like a big-box Batman

Seriously though, you tell the guy that the the Target fixie is a perfectly acceptable bike and subsequently that he should upgrade damn near every part including the frame because they are too heavy? How is this a good use of money or time?

Name:  Confused.PNG
Views: 1837
Size:  44.2 KB

mtbr member
    Report and then ignore the troll, gentlemen. Move along now.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I read lips a little and he is not saying "I have made a huge mistake." Looks like "I have flues lips."
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azmtbkr81 View Post
    Impressive, you are like a big-box Batman
    I am working on a signal to alert sharky when an innocent BBB is in trouble. It's going to be a spotlight that projects onto the ominous cloud- covered sky the outline of a bicycle with the fork installed backwards.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Seat Features: Adjustable Seat Height

NICE!!!!!!
    Also:

Includes: Kickstand, spokes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Magna Target fixie...

Is bbb that department store bike cult? Wasn't it started by a dude who's vag was hurting because y'all tried to tell him the mongoose 29er was not a good buy and that he should use that money for a decent used bike?

Or maybe it was the jeep troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast