JJY
    mtbr member

Magic Number For 96 Klein Attitude?

Just looking to save some time. I have a 1996 Pre Trek Klein Attitude, second gereration with rear facing (micro dropouts). Just wondering if you guys have SS'd one and know if there is a drop-in gear ratio that works w/o a tensioner. Appreciate the help... -John Y.

one chain loop
    Quote Originally Posted by JJY
    Just looking to save some time. I have a 1996 Pre Trek Klein Attitude, second gereration with rear facing (micro dropouts). Just wondering if you guys have SS'd one and know if there is a drop-in gear ratio that works w/o a tensioner. Appreciate the help... -John Y.
    measure your chainstay length and use this calculator. i used this program on all of my conversions. the ratios close to the shaded area is your magic ratio, usually i look for the ratio left of the shaded area because the chain tension is tighter on that region. hope it helps.
    Last edited by fishcreek; 03-08-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    My bro has a Pulse II from 97, with those same dropouts, that I switched to ss for him. Ended up 32x15 with a halflink, little snugger than I'd run if it were a dedicated ss frame but doable.

Hope it helps.
    T