mtbr member

Looking at a SE x DC PK RIpper. Sizing help needed...

If this is the wrong forum for this, I apologize.

I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. If anyone has ridden one that fits well, and is around my height, let me know. I'm guessing a 56cm works.

I grew up with PK Rippers, and it looks like a fun bike.

Thanks guys,

Chip

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i have a dc pk ripper...
    got it because i had fond memories of bmx pk rippers from 20 yrs ago & i really like it

i am 5'7" with a 30" inseam & am riding a 49cm.
    even tho i ride it mostly as a commuter/road bike & i ride med sized 26" mtbs, i thought that since the 700c ripper is kinda meant as an urban assault/trickster bike & i do like to try doing that stuff a little that a smaller frame would make it easier to throw around, & it does. i am very happy with the fit & feel of the smaller frame on this bike

it is a fun & surprisingly versatile bike & i do ride this thing long distances (sometimes fixed) whenever i'm in the mood.
    heres's mine:

don't know your plans but if you don't mind a lil advice...
    i realize you can buy new '09s for only $500 all over the web & thats a good deal considering msrp was $1k. but think about waiting for an '11 model:
    http://www.sebikes.com/pkfixedgear.php
    the new model is superior in many ways & only lists for $800. it comes with a freewheel, mine didn't. comes with f & r brakes, mine came with a really shitty rear only, i put on my tektro front brake. the new ripper also comes with machined wheels & wider tires & lots of other better parts than earlier versions had.

don't get me wrong, i like mine a lot. in fact, the only big problem i have riding my ripper is that i cannot find any urban hipster skinny jeans that will fit my fat ol' ass

good luck & lemme know if there's anything else i can do for you