mtbr member

Looking to get my first SS

I got pretty jazzed up about the Nashbar 29er SS thread and was about to order one, but when I was searching around Google I found a Haro Ally 29er SS for $499 (http://www.sunandski.com/ProductDeta...=7705056651050)

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

hey

I am in the same boat as u .

also looking for a ss , i have my eye on a gf marlin or a redline monocog . It seems like alot of us have these questions and people seem to be sick of them.

so i saw your unreplied to post and figured i would atleast reply. i am reasearching aswell goodlick on your search

SSOD
    Don't know too much about the Ally 29er but my first mtb was a haro back in '05 and I rode the crap out of that frame. Through the years I upgraded parts and when I retired the frame last christmas, the frame was the only original part on the bike but it was solid. In 08 I converted it to ss and never put gears back on after that. I loved mine but if you ride it hard and a lot you would probably not get more than a year out of some of the parts. Personally if your looking at this price point, go with the Redline Monocog.

mtbr member
    I did a breif stint on my Evil Imperial as a singlespeed mtb for riding around town, riding local singletrack an a small bit of dj-ing. I plan on doing another go with it.
    I was always imprssed with the ride and price of the redline monocog when I test rode but since I have the Evil I am going to rebuild that.

I find just making a list of my budget and then the features I am looking for in a bike alays helps me. Then I can see if the bikes serve my purpose functionally versus the $$ I want to spend.
    Also I just browse posts to see what others are building/ridingg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Here's a question for the aol generation:

Is it really that hard to type "any" instead of "n e" or "your" instead of "ur"?

You are being judged by the way you post, whether you like it or not, and aolese conveys the fact that you're ("ur") not too bright.

p.s. The video was uninspiring, repetitious, and not very interesting. But at least he took the time to make one, unlike so many other folks.

Apr 2007
    Redline Monocog. Get real, get steel, baby! Haro is ok. Not fond of the aluminum frame nor the ebb. Redine gets you no-nonsense track ends and steel frame with a lifetime warranty. I beat up on my old Monocog and it kept coming back for more. The thing was stout. Geo is awesome, too.

mtbr member
    I ended up going with the Haro Ally, for the better components. This is my first SS and first 29er, I don't know how I will like it, so I didn't want to break the bank. (Trust me the Vassago Jabber Wocky definitely got my attention for my next frame.) It is suppose to be delivered today, so I will post some pictures when I can.

I got Six Gap Century this Sunday, so I will not be able to play around with it til next week.

mtbr member
    I'll sell my nashabr ss frame fork and every part but wheels if interested?
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by gjenkins@
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.