Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Look, Ma!

  1. #1
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978

    Look, Ma!

    No shifters!



    Ah, yes, the Surly gets some fame in the shots.



    Trail and toe conditions: Frozen!



    Any guesses as to what trail?


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint


    Any guesses as to what trail?
    Horsethief?

  3. #3
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    negatory

  4. #4
    KgB
    KgB is offline
    SNGLSPD
    Reputation: KgB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    934
    Trail and toe conditions: Frozen!

    Frozen?

    Any guesses as to what trail?
    The one that should be closed
    I've been inside too long.

  5. #5
    Bikes not Bombs.....
    Reputation: SS Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    508

    Rim Trail?

    Just a guess...

    JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

  6. #6
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    Nope.

  7. #7
    Am I getting too bulky?
    Reputation: Bikehigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    801

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    No shifters!


    Nice ruts. Not that I haven't ridden conditions like that too, wet and rutted that is, but way less than frozen. Nothing to be proud of, and nothing worth advertising. Sorry to be negagive, but top many people who don't know better come here for guidance. How about waiting till it's cool to ride?

    But hey, they're not my trails. Maybe it's OK to ride trashed trails where you live?
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

  8. #8
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    Umm... I'm not adding to the ruts. I walk where I should, I guess I should have added that to my post. The broken ice is from my shoe, not my tire, although you can't tell since the ice doesn't leave the perfect impression. Also, when it's frozen solid you don't add to the ruts. I try to get out before things start to thaw and get messy. Unfortunately, many people don't follow these guidelines. Trail choice is also a factor. This particular trail is mostly sand, not mud, so there are very few places where the trail is wet enough to be a problem, I gladly walk those sections.

  9. #9
    indigosky
    Guest
    Mack Loop?

  10. #10
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,035
    Funny. You evidently don't know who or where screampint is/lives. She's one of those whose trail efforts makes nearly all others pale in comparision. That and her hubby too. Click on the link in her sig line, and you might learn a thing or two about her.
    Just a regular guy.

  11. #11
    Am I getting too bulky?
    Reputation: Bikehigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    801
    I knew I should have kept my mouth shut, but glad you got a kick out of it, lol.
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

  12. #12
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    nope, not Mack.

    (a simple no is too short to post, not enough characters!)

  13. #13
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    But you were right. I should have either not posted the nasty section or explained the delicate situation and how to deal with it.

    Went back there today and rode out and back to avoid the messy stuff. Good lesson for the 12 year old that was with us. Lots of sun, unlike yesterday.

  14. #14
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,767

    Kiefer's Favorite!

    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    No shifters!



    Ah, yes, the Surly gets some fame in the shots.



    Trail and toe conditions: Frozen!



    Any guesses as to what trail?

    She loves Rustler's Loop!

  15. #15
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    Bingo! Good job Mr Supersleuth. You win a spot on the coach when you arrive in Fruita, oh wait, you've already collected that prize...
    Last edited by screampint; 12-21-2004 at 02:34 PM. Reason: sleuth not slueth

  16. #16
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,767

    Excellent!

    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Bingo! Good job Mr Supersleuth. You win a spot on the coach when you arrive in Fruita, oh wait, you've already collected that prize...
    Which coach?

    I'm looking forward to the FFTF this year! Based on my recovery, Fruita could be my first singletrack ride after my surgery. That wouldn't suck too bad.

    Ken

  17. #17
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    couch, did I say coach? Sheesh! My brain is warping from too much holiday preparation.

    You can come join rt and me on the singlespeeds! Dragged J around Rustler's today. Actually, we skipped the muddy part, it's sunnier today so I'm sure it's pretty soupy. An out and back the way we did it was more mileage than a full loop, so I wasn't disappointed.

    I don't know about Keifer, but J is growing so fast I'm not going to be taller much longer. He's grown 1.5 inches since October and somewhere between 8 and 9 in the past year. Grocery bill is getting worse. I'm gonna have to buy stock in Top Ramen to keep him fed.
    Last edited by screampint; 12-21-2004 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo, mush for brains, fat fingers, whatever.

  18. #18
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,767

    I'm in!

    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    couch, did I say coach? Sheesh! My brain is warping from too much holiday preparation.

    You can come join rt and me on the singlespeeds! Dragged J around Rustler's today. Actually, we skipped the muddy part, it's sunnier today so I'm sure it's pretty soupy. An out and back the way we did it was more mileage than a full loop, so I wasn't disappointed.

    I don't know about Keifer, but J is growing so fast I'm not going to be taller much longer. He's grown 1.5 inches since October and somewhere between 8 and 9 in the past year. Grocery bill is getting worse. I'm gonna have to buy stock in Top Ramen to keep him fed.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to getting on a coach, so long as it's not Troy. He's too hairy for me.

    I woudl love to join you and RT, but only if you two allow me to keep some shred of my dignity in tact.

    Kiefer is growing up very fast. She hasn't had a ton of confidence on her bikes since the crash, so I'm a little frustrated there, however.

    Ken

  19. #19
    Des(s)ert Rat
    Reputation: screampint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,978
    OK, it's a plan. You have a date with rt and me.

    I'll get Troy to shave so it won't bother you so much. Will that make it all better?

    I need to get off the Internet, my radical, lesbian, punk rock, tattoo artist sister is coming to visit for Christmas and the house isn't up to the Martha Stewart standards for guests...

  20. #20
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,767

    Merry Christmas...

    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    OK, it's a plan. You have a date with rt and me.

    I'll get Troy to shave so it won't bother you so much. Will that make it all better?

    I need to get off the Internet, my radical, lesbian, punk rock, tattoo artist sister is coming to visit for Christmas and the house isn't up to the Martha Stewart standards for guests...

    You mean you haven't added the bars to the windows yet?

    I was rather hoping for a different coach this year.

    Ken

Similar Threads

  1. mountain biking at Mt. Tom (MA)?
    By ctxcrossx in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM
  2. 24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton, MA Tire Set-up
    By nathasm in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 07:20 AM
  3. biking places around the cape in MA
    By Felpur in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •