mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire - UK SS'ers

Hi

I live in Lincoln and work in Newark. Are there any other Single Speeders in the area?

Sherwood Pines is the closest trail centre and access to the Peak District is just over an hour away.

I am yet to convince my other cycling buddies of the benefits of single speed though I have convinced my eldest who is now doing his paper round on one

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Kent - not very close, Bedgebury is my local ride.
    I've found that you're wasting your breath trying to convince other riders to go single speed. Just keep it to yourself!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cockroach
    Kent - not very close, Bedgebury is my local ride.
    I've found that you're wasting your breath trying to convince other riders to go single speed. Just keep it to yourself!
    Bedgers is my local too!

mtbr member

Old UK site..

This guy used to run a UK based site called singlespeed.net. It currently looks under construction but he may still be around.

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Pretty sure that Terminaut and singlespeed.net was not UK based, you might be thinking about 3216.com and "Uncle Nick"

I am sure there are more singlespeeders in your area, Singletrackworld.com might be a better place as it is UK-centric although it is worse than the old F88 forum was on here for trolls and idiots...you have been warned!

SSP

(Cheltenham, Cotswolds, if you are ever down this way...)
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hey there I'm in Derby, ss mtb cross and road bikes, choose your poison! i dont have a car sadly but happy to hook up for some pedalling

pm me if you like

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    fontmoss I will be in touch. Not been out Derby way on a road bike before. Thank you for replying

Cockroach: I have family in Kent so you may be a good excuse to get me away from the inlaws for a couple of hours, thank you