on my 3rd wind...

New question here. KORE chain reactor tensioner for SS?

Is anyone using Kore chain reactor tensioner for SS frame with vertical drop out? How's it working out? Chains remain skip-freeI and do not fall off the neoprene roller? I am presently using Pyramid chain tensioner on the derailluer hanger but getting very close to ditch them. I am having chain skipping issue when during mashing pedals. Thx for any feedback.

eBiker
    Is that the one that attaches to the middle of the chain stay?

I think PricePoint sells them, or did, and they make a note that it is not a good tensioner for single speed.

If I remember correctly, a few peeps on the forum run them, but most have not had a good experience.

It seems that the tensioner of choice here is the Rennen Rollenlager (sp?).

I run a heavy cheap-o, old Surly knock-off, and all has been good so far.

Mr. P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    Is anyone using Kore chain reactor tensioner for SS frame with vertical drop out? How's it working out? Chains remain skip-freeI and do not fall off the neoprene roller? I am presently using Pyramid chain tensioner on the derailluer hanger but getting very close to ditch them. I am having chain skipping issue when during mashing pedals. Thx for any feedback.
    don't use it, get a rennen. Friend of mine tried to set up a ss with it, but if you look at the design you'll notice that it pivots laterally while providing tension. the chain reactor kept pivoting into his spokes or tire (depending after we moved it) and he ended up ditching it after one ride. Thing is a POS that really doesnt have much of a use. Spend $50 and geta rennen, unless you plan on racing your ss, then get a soulcraft, much quicker tire change

HIYAH
    I tried to use it to run a single front chainring 9spd setup and it was horrible. Never got it to work.