SBK
    HMFIC

KMC K710SL half link?

Anybody know which of KMC's half-links are compatible with this chain? I'm guessing I could just use one of the x10 series half links that are 1/8", but hoping someone here has experience with this.

My SS has sliders, but I'm trying to set them up as far forward as possible to minimize effective chainstay length - hence the interest in a half-link.
    Mark
    "Anger is a gift..."

Retro Grouch

No, that won't work..

Quote Originally Posted by SBK
    Anybody know which of KMC's half-links are compatible with this chain? I'm guessing I could just use one of the x10 series half links that are 1/8", but hoping someone here has experience with this.

My SS has sliders, but I'm trying to set them up as far forward as possible to minimize effective chainstay length - hence the interest in a half-link.
    The X10 series is a 10 speed chain and has a 6.2mm pin; there are no 1/8" x10's, perhaps you meant the S10, which is KMC's beach crusier chain. The pin length on your K710 is 9.4 mm; which is the ballpark of most KMC 1/8" chains. Use the KMC 1/8" half link and you should be alright.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kmcchain/english/

Brad
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

mtbr member
    I just tried a half link on my sram single speed chain and it didn't work. I guess it works for the kmc chains only. I have been messing with it for a couple of hours and got fed up with it and so I made my ss chain work with the regular links. The back tire is kind of close to the frame but it works. I will have to ride it around and see how it holds up.
    Last edited by homegrown_xt; 12-21-2008 at 12:08 PM.