Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

New question here. km forks on 26" wheel bikes

do i remember correctly that a km fork a-c is roughly equivalent to a 100 mm suspension fork? anyone using this setup love it/hate it/indifferent?
    [size=1][/size]

mtbr member

You're thinking of the Instigator, not KM fork...

...the Instigator is 447mm a-c and the KM 469mm(?). Anything around 450mm a-c is the equivalent of a 100mm susp fork.

I replaced my On One Inbred fork with the Instigator to slacken it out a tad and bring the BB up skosh. The 420mm was too steep for my liking but plenty of folks love it.

Although you couldn't use Vs (and why would you?) you could certainly run the KM for with a 26" wheeled bike - especially one like a Chameleon that is designed to accomodate 100-125mm susp forks. Only risk is the canti bosses may interfere with certain sized tires - which is why I'd Dremel them off like I'm fixin' to do to my Instigator fork.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    do i remember correctly that a km fork a-c is roughly equivalent to a 100 mm suspension fork? anyone using this setup love it/hate it/indifferent?
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    Whenever I run a rigid fork on my Vulture, I use the KM. But my bike was designed around a 125mm suspension fork. With the KM fork, I can run either a 29" wheel or a 26" front wheel (I ground the canti studs off, so I can even use a Gazzi 3" tire).

Given the sag of my Fox Vanilla 125, the rigid KM fork winds up slackening the bike's angles a bit. But I actually perfer the handling of my particular bike this way (individual results may vary). As for the 29" front wheel, I love the riding and rolling characteristics of that thing.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas