Bikes not Bombs.....

Idea! King hubs - order now !!!!

If you are in the market for a set of KING hubs, you might want to think about ordering them in the near future. I called down to Tani at the Path Bike Shop to see about the availablility of 2 sets of hubs. He was able to order them, but King told him that The purple set was the last ones they had in that color.

With his relocation, the ramp up for production may take awhile to fill the incoming orders. I understand King ran extra production to compensate for the transition, but some colors may be in short supply or not available until about June when they anticipate better inventory supplies.

Bottom line, if you are thinking of waiting a few months, you may be out of luck.Better to order them now and have them, than to wait, and keep waiting..... Just keeping the SS community informed....

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Jerry
    If you are in the market for a set of KING hubs, you might want to think about ordering them in the near future. I called down to Tani at the Path Bike Shop to see about the availablility of 2 sets of hubs. He was able to order them, but King told him that The purple set was the last ones they had in that color.

With his relocation, the ramp up for production may take awhile to fill the incoming orders. I understand King ran extra production to compensate for the transition, but some colors may be in short supply or not available until about June when they anticipate better inventory supplies.

Bottom line, if you are thinking of waiting a few months, you may be out of luck.Better to order them now and have them, than to wait, and keep waiting..... Just keeping the SS community informed....

JS
    Yeah, it depends a lot on color. The less common colors like gold, mango, green, etc. will be scarce for a few months. In contrast, availability is good on black, silver, pewter, etc. (ie: the colors they sell the most).
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

Bikes not Bombs.....

Better info... thanks Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Yeah, it depends a lot on color. The less common colors like gold, mango, green, etc. will be scarce for a few months. In contrast, availability is good on black, silver, pewter, etc. (ie: the colors they sell the most).
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Thanks for the additional info. Hope it helps future buyers everywhere.

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

Trail rider and racer
    The wait for the less common or popular colours is always well worth it....

Nothing like an unbearable wait for some new bike parts!!!

Trevor!

JJT
    mtbr member
    The King distributor for Holland (and me too!!! ) haven been waiting for the singlespeed Disc hub for about 8 months now. I think that sucks!! And I ordered a black one just to keep the waiting time short....

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Bonking ... not feelin' well welll........

Look on the bright side...... you're not waiting on a King BB ;-)

Recovering couch patato
    QBP has ONE CK black SS rear hub in stock. Unfortunately, I can't get it here for you, King only allows distributors to ship to The Netherlands.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    QBP has ONE CK black SS rear hub in stock. Unfortunately, I can't get it here for you, King only allows distributors to ship to The Netherlands.
    It's non-disc anyway though, he's looking for a disc hub.
    Larry

No smart comment
    Why wait?

I have for sale a 200 mile old Chris King custom built singlespeed wheelset - built by Mtnhighcyclery.

R: Chris King gold 32h singlespeed disc hub 17t King Kog, Sapim CX-Ray spokes (black), Mavic X317 disc rim (black), Sapim nipples (gold).

F: Chris King gold 32h ISO disc hub, Sapim CX-Ray spokes (black), Mavic X317 disc rim (black), Sapim nipples (gold).

The above wheelset has been used for 200 miles only, immaculate condition 9/10 $ 499 + shipping gets you this wheelset.

Interested...PM me or email me at rc1_ultra_custom@yahoo.com

Pictures available, cheers.

http://marketplace.consumerreview.co...exact_match=on

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Should I wait for a good thing...

King told my shop they wouldn't have any black SS hubs until March, = April, = May. What's up with this deficiency every time they move? I'm blowing them off.

Kevin

Single Speed Junkie
    I can understand the reason for the relocation, and the break in production. One consideration is will King still be able to produce the same hubs as before out of their old location. They will be using the same machines as before, but did the all the staff move too? I'm sure quality control standards will be high, but how much will pass to meet the demand?

mtbr member
    ouch...sucks for King. i wonder how much biz they will lose. Hadley has released a SS hub that can be found for $280. i gotta say, with 108 engagement points, ti bolts, and ti cassette body (though, still weighing in at ~450g), i probably would go with Hadley, rather than weighting for a King.

though, i'm still waiting for my Kingzz.

--edit--

make that waiting
    Last edited by the Inbred; 01-25-2004 at 11:11 PM.

JJT
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikh
    Why wait?

Interested...PM me or email me at ...

Pictures available, cheers.
    Thanks, but a DT singlespeed hub is coming my way now..

mtbr member

If anyone is interested, I am selling My King Rear SS disc hub, blue.

Drop me an email if interested, I was planning on posting it in the marketplace/Ebay once I take the hub off the wheelset. Brand new in May 2003.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No smart comment
    And for those of us that have already payed my CK SS wheelset is still for sale

http://marketplace.consumerreview.co...uery=retrieval