Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Jericho Riders?

  1. #1
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,451

    Jericho Riders?

    Hey guys & gals,

    It seems the new Jericho site isn't quite up yet and I'm sure Josh is busy making stuff.....uhuhm...frames & such . I'm looking for some info on fork length. I have a #3 Leadfoot SS frame that I'm in the process of building up, problem is the only fork I have that will fit the long steer tube is a F100X. Doesn't seem like there's too much difference in axle/crown length, but?? Anybody out there runing this or similar on theirs? And if so, is there any drawbacks compared to an F80?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    cut like the fog.
    Reputation: bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    356

    100mm would be fine

    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    Hey guys & gals,

    It seems the new Jericho site isn't quite up yet and I'm sure Josh is busy making stuff.....uhuhm...frames & such . I'm looking for some info on fork length. I have a #3 Leadfoot SS frame that I'm in the process of building up, problem is the only fork I have that will fit the long steer tube is a F100X. Doesn't seem like there's too much difference in axle/crown length, but?? Anybody out there runing this or similar on theirs? And if so, is there any drawbacks compared to an F80?

    Thanks in advance.
    I have a #4 payback in my quiver and used to ride a leadfoot. I have had both the talas and terralogic forks on these bikes.

    The bike definitely climbs better with the 80mm forks but doesn't descend nearly as well. If you're not planning on serious racing, you'll have a more complete ride with the 100mm fork IMHO. The 80 climbs better but the 100 is much better descending, not only the extra travel but the positioning on the bike.

    The only drawback would be the terralogic fork, my experiences with my current F80x, make me wish nothing but disaster for it. (hopefully not with me riding it.)

    cheers,
    brad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

  3. #3
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,451

    Thanks bones

    Quote Originally Posted by bones
    The 80 climbs better but the 100 is much better descending, not only the extra travel but the positioning on the bike.
    I agree, I have both. The 80 (bought with a few hundred miles on it) is on my current 16" steel frame VooDoo ENO'd SS & the 100 (pretty much brand new) is on my 16" geared YBB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bones
    The only drawback would be the terralogic fork, my experiences with my current F80x, make me wish nothing but disaster for it. (hopefully not with me riding it.)
    Not sure if you were talking specifically about your F80X, or the Terralogic in general. I know this is supposed to be the super SS fork and I'm probably setting myself up for a flame job, but I didn't like the feel/action of the F80X climbing @ first coming from a manual lockout F80RL. Felt like I spent more energy/concentration/distraction anticipating the forks function. Worked like a dream on the decents though. Seems to leak more then the normal Fox seal problem (my RL does the same thing only with 10 times the mileage on it) so maybe it needs some service attention.

    Now with the 100, it felt great right off the start. Locked right from the gitgo until the first hint for need of plushness. But it does feel more like it wants to wheelie on the steep tecky granny climbs which keeps me farther forward then I'd usually be with an 80. Have to pull the bars & stem on the YBB to check the exact steertube length tomorrow to see if it even will work .

    If I have to buy a fork, I've always had an itch to get one of Gene Spicer's Ti forks (+/- 130lb. rider so shouldn't have a breakage problem) which would fit right in with the silver grey frame & be the most economical for me aswell since I'm out of work in early rehabing of a busted calvicle I could get by with a rigid fork for most of the stuff I ride around here (Bay Area Norcal) although the candles on my recent birthday cake are getting pretty close to 50........

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
  2. Muddy Bigfoot Classic report (x-post, NorCal)
    By Bigfoot in forum Passion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 07:18 AM
  3. New Riders and trails. Crosspost Norcal.
    By Berkeley Mike in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
  4. Bigfoot Classic Race report (long)
    By Bigfoot in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
  5. Rant: Beginning riders screwed at MBTB
    By Ogre in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •