mtbr member

Jenson, niner rdo forks on sale

I've been looking for a niner rdo fork for my singlespeed lately but those things are so expensive, even used. I just happened to check out jenson today, woah great price! I got one in black.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by earworm View Post
    I've been looking for a niner rdo fork for my singlespeed lately but those things are so expensive, even used. I just happened to check out jenson today, woah great price! I got one in black.
    Seems like a solid price, what do these normally go for?

Does anyone have an experience running one of these on a Salsa El Mar SS?

mtbr member
    Like around $550

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Your gonna love it. I have one on my one 9 rdo and its pretty awesome for a rigid fork. It really takes the trail vibrations out of the front end. A 2.4 ardent doesn't hurt either. I had another bike setup with a steel fork and had to stop riding it. My teeth and back hurt so bad after descents...no fun. I don't get any of that with the rdo, real game changer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Tapered only...d@mn you old surly KM

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Tapered only...d@mn you old surly KM
    try this Bikeman Carver Bikes Carbon MTB Fork 465mm, 1-1/8'' QR i love mine.

I know it's not a Niner, but still a great value.
    Rigid SS 29er
    Hardtail 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 chains View Post
    Your gonna love it. I have one on my one 9 rdo and its pretty awesome for a rigid fork. It really takes the trail vibrations out of the front end. A 2.4 ardent doesn't hurt either. I had another bike setup with a steel fork and had to stop riding it. My teeth and back hurt so bad after descents...no fun. I don't get any of that with the rdo, real game changer.
    Cool, the only rigid forks I have ever used were steel. So, I'm really looking forward to the RDO.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Belated thanks for the heads up on the fork. I'd been wanting one for quite a while but just couldn't bring myself to pay what I'd seen them selling for. I jumped on the Jenson deal, and mine arrived today. I got the black one, too. Looks nice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I picked up a black one as well, what's a reasonable amount for LBS to install?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
    I picked up a black one as well, what's a reasonable amount for LBS to install?
    Im not sure really, maybe $30-$50. Mine came with quite easy instructions if you feel like trying to install it yourself. I was gonna just cut it a little long and put a star nut in there and go. Luckily I decided to read the instructions. No star nuts for carbon, they supply the compression fitting and they say to cut it 5mm below the top of your stem and to tape the part you cut before you cut it so it doesn't fray. It looks really nice, my bike weighs 23lbs on the bathroom scale now.
    Last edited by earworm; 12-18-2015 at 06:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Im not sure really, maybe $30-$50. Mine came with quite easy instructions if you feel like trying to install it yourself. I was gonna just cut it a little long and put a star nut in there and go. Luckily I decided to read the instructions. No star nuts for carbon, they supply the compression fitting and they say to cut it 5mm below the top of your stem and to tape the part you cut so it doesn't fray. It looks really nice, my bike weighs 23lbs on the bathroom scale now.
    Good info, thanks. I think I'll give it a shot.

mtbr member
    It's pretty simple to cut to size. I recently got an On-One carbon fork and it was the same process. The directions might even recommend what type of saw blade to use.

And thanks a lot, earworm for possibly helping me spend more on my bike build by posting this sale. I was already over budget before I saw this...and now I might have to spend even more for a fully rigid option in shorter races.

mtbr member
    Haha, no problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    If I'm reusing the headset, am I supposed to move the crown race from the old fork to the new fork?

nothing to see here
    Yes
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
    Seems like a solid price, what do these normally go for?

Does anyone have an experience running one of these on a Salsa El Mar SS?
    Yes I have one on my El mariachi and so does my GF. Both 13. It's a great fork. I run a nextie 52mn 27.5+ with 3.0 Ground control and she runs a Blunt 35 with a 2.35 Ikon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Yes I have one on my El mariachi and so does my GF. Both 13. It's a great fork. I run a nextie 52mn 27.5+ with 3.0 Ground control and she runs a Blunt 35 with a 2.35 Ikon.
    Awesome, I ended up picking one up and got to finally got to ride it yesterday. I was really impressed, felt precise and made a significant difference on the small bumps.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk