mtbr member
    Sep 2010

jamis dragon one 29er plus kit

just stopped by my local lbs. I am interested in the 2011 jamis dragon one 29er. It lists as a frame and fork only for 450. the lbs called his jamis rep and said that the componets from the 2010 dragon one minus the suspension fork are also being sold as a kit for 400. any opinions out there ? and no i cannot go to the lbs and just ride one ! I am looking to get started on a budget and I am not an experienced rider. just looking for some imput but i will settle for abuse.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by glass69
    just stopped by my local lbs. I am interested in the 2011 jamis dragon one 29er. It lists as a frame and fork only for 450. the lbs called his jamis rep and said that the componets from the 2010 dragon one minus the suspension fork are also being sold as a kit for 400. any opinions out there ? and no i cannot go to the lbs and just ride one ! I am looking to get started on a budget and I am not an experienced rider. just looking for some imput but i will settle for abuse.
    Links! Lacking photos (which is the #1 reason most people will open this thread based on the subject line), you must provide links! Maybe some data, too.

--sParty

P.S. I opened to view photos... just sayin'...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

goto jamis website

goto jamis website

openwound
    ouch
    -- let's ride

balance_fit
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glass69
    Hello, i ride a 2009 Jamis Dragon One. First ever SS, 29er. I bought it "new" (old stock) from Jenson. For me, it has been a great deal for around $700 for the whole bike ready to ride. In the last 6 months i made some modifications, mainly, rigid fork and front tire, went tubeless and added a Surly cog and tensor.

Is the difference between 09 and 011 not very big if you don't mind graphics?

If you have the rest of the parts, then buy the frame and fork, but still, try to work out a better deal with your lbs. If you don't have the rest of the parts, buying everything else from scratch may result in a higher price than Jenson's price. It's good only if you can choose your parts and have the budget for it.

Contact Jenson. They may still have demo bikes for sale or blemished at good price, a friend of mine just got his for $450.
    PM if you want more info on the bike. It's a fine machine.
    jd
    Simple, not easy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    thx

Axles of Evil
    If your LBS is familiar with the fit/geometry of the Dragon, go for it. Hopefully they'll get some measurements and info from you to determine what you need. The parts kit is a good starter mix. Juicy 3 brakes, Formula hubs on WTB rims, Geax tires, Ritchey stem/bar/post, if I remember.

Under a $1000 for a nice frame with decent parts. Keep us posted.