mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I've created a MONSTER!!!(cross)

Been toying around with the midge dirt drops and finally set em up on my rigid SS 29er! Did a 12 mile urban trail ride yesterday through some rogue highway trails in my city. It did everything I had hoped it would. 32-18 gearing made me nervous but I was able to muscle through. It was nice to have that extra top end for road connectors to different trail heads. Outfitted it with bb7's and a brooks saddle and hope to start using it for a 24mile daily commute once I get some more j.paks! (Joe is the man!)

Now for the bike...
    Ridicule if you like - the frame is actually a mongoose deception frame that my buddy had in a scrap pile at the lbs. it was free so what the hell. Aside from wheels i had a full bike sitting in a box at home. I built it up with flat bars and road the hell out of it. Once I realized the frame really isn't that bad, or bad lookin (aside from kickstand yoke) I decided to convert it into this beastly commuter/trail bike. I have 8sp Barcons i will throw on for some touring in the coming months.

Hope y'all dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Unique ride. How do you like those bars off road?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I've created a MONSTER!!!(cross)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Unique ride. How do you like those bars off road?
    I love them. It's definitely different and wired at first but weaving through trees at speed feels awesome. That rigid fork is a little too long at 500 a-c and rakes it out a tad but I put a 60mm stem to balance the steering a little. Overall it's super fun to ride straight from my house to our rogue urban trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...