Thread: It's alive...

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

It's alive...

Ok, after having my SS stolen last night which I won't get into, I finally dug in and built up the new, used (but 100% legit!) ENOd singlespeed. All used parts including the stealth Strong built / Kona geometry frame and the ENO rear wheel. It looks good. Now we just need to see how it rides. Tomorrow will be the maiden voyage. I had a few FWs lying around and I'm afraid the one I threw on is a little rough. That may be a PIA given the process of removing a FW off an ENO. I think Ernesto's instructions involved a case of beer. Anywho, my first bike pic... And tell me if anything looks wrong on the ENO position. I just tightened it... it was late... I was still angry. S
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

looks good

looks like you have alot of parts around if you can just throw another bike together in that amount of time. is that a TI fork ?? and is that titec bar carbon ??? how about we go find that little punk ass ***** that took your bike and cut his little balls off, that sounds like fun..

scott

mtbr member

bitc_h

whats with the censor.. bitc_h is what i ment

mtbr member

hey...

that ENO wheel looks familier....

Hope you find your stolen machine!

MC

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Well, not exactly lying around. I had a Surly 1x1 and took most of the parts off of that. Wanted something a little lighter weight and with a hanger so I could switch it over to gears if need be. WIsh it were a ti fork. It's a Kona cro-mo. And the bars are just regular alum Hellbents. Nothing too fancy on it, but it's pretty darn light. Can't wait to get it out. Ride the trails looking for that biatch that took my FS bike. Although my guess is that that guy won't be riding it. He's trying to flip it to someone right now. I've called most shops in Boulder/Denver with the description. May end up in a pawn shop. Makes me sad thinking about it. Anyway, MellowCat, are you the Scott I got the ENO from? If so, thanks again! Out, S

mtbr member

Eno...

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Ok, after having my SS stolen last night which I won't get into, I finally dug in and built up the new, used (but 100% legit!) ENOd singlespeed. All used parts including the stealth Strong built / Kona geometry frame and the ENO rear wheel. It looks good. Now we just need to see how it rides. Tomorrow will be the maiden voyage. I had a few FWs lying around and I'm afraid the one I threw on is a little rough. That may be a PIA given the process of removing a FW off an ENO. I think Ernesto's instructions involved a case of beer. Anywho, my first bike pic... And tell me if anything looks wrong on the ENO position. I just tightened it... it was late... I was still angry. S
    Sorry about your stolen rig. Next time, lock your bikes to one another, and then to a solid grounded object...

Anyway, did you let the ENO / frame set the tension on its own?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    No, had to use a wrench to rotate it back and get tension. And then I snugged the bolts pretty tight. Is that ok? S

mtbr member

Yes...

I'm the Scott you got the ENO from!

Hated to sell it, just didn't need it anymore.

Hope you find the jerk that took your SS. If you do, don't call the cops......take care of it yourself.....tie him up in the woods or something, hang raw meat around his neck. Real criminals aren't scared of the police.

MC

No, had to use a wrench to rotate it back and get tension. And then I snugged the bolts pretty tight. Is that ok? S

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I was thinking of some brutal irony like tying him up with the cables and then alternating between bike chain whippings and beatings with a crankarm, spider and ring (no bash guard) still attached. Mountain biker justice! S

mtbr member

and...

I was thinking of some brutal irony like tying him up with the cables and then alternating between bike chain whippings and beatings with a crankarm, spider and ring (no bash guard) still attached. Mountain biker justice! S
    and fingers through a drivetrain, and locking his neck to a lighpost with a U Lock.

Yes, what you did, rotating it back, is cool.