Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    809

    New question here. ISAR/Homebrewed Components-HUGE delay

    I went back and forth about whether to post this on here or not but have not been able to get in touch with this guy and he IS a board member so here goes.

    Ordered a Nut Tugger from ISuckatRiding/ Homebrewed Components about 8 weeks ago (middle of May) had my card charged 2 days later and was given a 2 week lead time. I got a shipping notification from USPS about a month ago but it never showed up that it had shipped on their site. I waited patiently and still have nothing. I cannot contact Daniel (think that is his name) by email or PM on here. No idea what to do now.

    Anyone else ordered or been in contact with him lately? I don't mind waiting for parts but paying and not getting anything is a different matter.

    This is not a flame or attack on his company, just a bit confused...

  2. #2
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    He's just behind. I just had something I ordered shipped out recently and that was after a bit of a wait. You'll get what you ordered.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290
    I wouldn't be happy that I was charged and the item didn't ship. Why are you being charged for something that doesn't exist?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    809
    Got me on that one. I will be happy as long as it gets here. Soon.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    588
    Not one to complain myself, but I've emailed a few times, PM'ed, posted on his website a couple times, not ONE response. All I was looking for was an ETA, already went and got a cheaper Cog. Disappointed.
    2011 Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    1998 Moots Rigormootis
    1988 Ritchey SuperComp
    Bridgestone MB1, MB2, & MB4

  6. #6
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,098
    I've E-Mailed and messaged him 7 times total since February and never gotten a response.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,027
    You will get your stuff, he is but one guy turning out a lot of product. It took me 5 weeks to get a chain ring, but it is one nice chain ring.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropout33
    I wouldn't be happy that I was charged and the item didn't ship. Why are you being charged for something that doesn't exist?
    I'm sure the reason for this is material cost. The material is not cheap and it must be ordered before he makes a chainring...if he doesn't charge, he probabaly won't have the cash on hand to buy the material...and then if you didn't pay you can always back out of the deal after he already bought the material.

    I don't blame him, really...you know, with how many flakes there are and all.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwhine

    I don't blame him, really...you know, with how many flakes there are and all.
    True, true.

  10. #10
    Low Rep Count
    Reputation: 1SPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    He posted up just recently that he suffered some computer problems and was not able to get back to people. This was all posted in another thread where a guy had a similar problem. I think this all just went down the week before last (the other guys complaint). I think he also experienced some problems with his anodizing chemicals as well and was having to send alot of his stuff out to get finished somewhere else.

    He also stated that he apologizes for not getting back to everyone and answering alot of the first time ordering guys questions (questions that have been asked/answered several times in the other threads) but he stated that he would prefer to be out banging out the parts to get them completed instead of sitting back checking email.

    I can only say that he is very trust worthy and your parts will be coming. Unfortunately, he is a one man show and he is swamped.

  11. #11
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Good to see he's not wasting time hanging out on this forum. Sounds like he's got a lot of work to do. ISAR is a stand up dude... no doubt he's slaving away to fulfill orders as we speak.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  12. #12
    ride the moment
    Reputation: Dogbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny K
    I got a shipping notification from USPS about a month ago but it never showed up that it had shipped on their site.
    I'm curious how you got a shipping notification that never said your order shipped. I got a shipping confirmation yesterday for a chainring I ordered on May 28th. The USPS site says my order left their San Diego facility yesterday. What did yours say?
    Hey Butthead, are we gonna die? - Beavis

  13. #13
    jmw
    jmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    831
    I got my chainring, which was later than the 2 weeks (actual wait time was about 6-7 weeks), but it is a very well made ring.

    Fit perfectly. Quality/finish is great.
    future nature

  14. #14
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    I just got my cog and chainring. Beautiful. Worth the wait.

  15. #15
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,421
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock
    I've E-Mailed and messaged him 7 times total since February and never gotten a response.
    your question has been answered many, many times in my thread. I dont make anything other than what's on my site right now.
    I dont mean to be a dick, but like i said before, I was really behind and it was hard enough to keep up on emails for existing orders, so if i get the time to answer any, i really need to tend to those before i answer emails for new order inquiries.
    I know this isnt helping my sales, but It's the best that i can do at the moment.

  16. #16
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,421
    Johnny, i dont have anything on my list for someone named john or Johnny. Please email me your order confirmation. There is a possibility that i missed it. I'm sorry if you already emailed me.. Like others have mentioned, i've been swamped with trying to catch up after some equipment setbacks and i've been frantically trying to catch up.
    I think i only have a handfull of things left to get out at this point up to today's orders, which i will be wrapping up next week. After that, i will be FINALLY on track again. It's a long time comming.
    I'm really sorry it's been taking so long, but everyone will be getting their stuff shortly.

    Also, if anyone has gotten a USPS notification but hasnt seen anything yet and it seems like too long, please shoot me an email. I dont check tracking info unless there is a problem, and if i'm not made aware of the problem, it wont be rectified.

    Thanks to everyone posting up in my defense. It means alot, especially coming from people who i know have waited a while.


    EDIT: Johnny, i think i found your order (not the parts). It wasnt on my list because it was marked as done/shipped. I think i have some in stock so i'll send out another pair for you. Not sure what happened there. Also, I dont really check my PM's too often as it's hard enough to keep up on the emails.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    Johnny, i dont have anything on my list for someone named john or Johnny. Please email me your order confirmation. There is a possibility that i missed it. I'm sorry if you already emailed me.. Like others have mentioned, i've been swamped with trying to catch up after some equipment setbacks and i've been frantically trying to catch up.
    I think i only have a handfull of things left to get out at this point up to today's orders, which i will be wrapping up next week. After that, i will be FINALLY on track again. It's a long time comming.
    I'm really sorry it's been taking so long, but everyone will be getting their stuff shortly.

    Also, if anyone has gotten a USPS notification but hasnt seen anything yet and it seems like too long, please shoot me an email. I dont check tracking info unless there is a problem, and if i'm not made aware of the problem, it wont be rectified.

    Thanks to everyone posting up in my defense. It means alot, especially coming from people who i know have waited a while.


    EDIT: Johnny, i think i found your order (not the parts). It wasnt on my list because it was marked as done/shipped. I think i have some in stock so i'll send out another pair for you. Not sure what happened there. Also, I dont really check my PM's too often as it's hard enough to keep up on the emails.
    ISAR.
    I haven't seen a USPS notification and I have sent you multiple emails with no response. It has been since May. Not to be a D*ck, but at this point I will just take a reimbursement if it's not ready for shipping. I'll send you one more email.
    2011 Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    1998 Moots Rigormootis
    1988 Ritchey SuperComp
    Bridgestone MB1, MB2, & MB4

  18. #18
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel29er
    ISAR.
    I haven't seen a USPS notification and I have sent you multiple emails with no response. It has been since May. Not to be a D*ck, but at this point I will just take a reimbursement if it's not ready for shipping. I'll send you one more email.
    I would assume you are the person who just emailed me. Reply sent.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    I would assume you are the person who just emailed me. Reply sent.
    Yes, Thanks Dan.
    2011 Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    1998 Moots Rigormootis
    1988 Ritchey SuperComp
    Bridgestone MB1, MB2, & MB4

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    Johnny, i dont have anything on my list for someone named john or Johnny. Please email me your order confirmation. There is a possibility that i missed it. I'm sorry if you already emailed me.. Like others have mentioned, i've been swamped with trying to catch up after some equipment setbacks and i've been frantically trying to catch up.
    I think i only have a handfull of things left to get out at this point up to today's orders, which i will be wrapping up next week. After that, i will be FINALLY on track again. It's a long time comming.
    I'm really sorry it's been taking so long, but everyone will be getting their stuff shortly.

    Also, if anyone has gotten a USPS notification but hasnt seen anything yet and it seems like too long, please shoot me an email. I dont check tracking info unless there is a problem, and if i'm not made aware of the problem, it wont be rectified.

    Thanks to everyone posting up in my defense. It means alot, especially coming from people who i know have waited a while.


    EDIT: Johnny, i think i found your order (not the parts). It wasnt on my list because it was marked as done/shipped. I think i have some in stock so i'll send out another pair for you. Not sure what happened there. Also, I dont really check my PM's too often as it's hard enough to keep up on the emails.
    Thanks, man. Email and PM sent with contact and order info.

  21. #21
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: driver bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    There are much bigger companies out there who promise delivery dates for product and then nothing appears...

    Never yet ordered from ISAR but I will be in September.

  22. #22
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    Good to hear you're finally getting caught up Dan.
    For the record, ordered a chainring, and although the website said it was going to be 2 weeks, from occassionally viewing the other thread, I knew it was going to longer.
    It was well worth the wait I might add.
    Typically when I install a chainring, I'll rotate the crank to find the tightest spot and set the tension. Then I'll rotate it to see if it looses too much tension and if I need to start loosening bolts and mickey mousing around with trying to re-center the chainring. Perfect even tension through the whole rotation from the get go.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    41
    I just got my nut tuggers today, very wel made and the lead time from his site was pretty close. Thanks

    Bryan

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    181
    I ordered a set of tug nuts a few months ago and after a month or two they didn't turn up.

    I emailed him, he apologised and sent another set all the way to australia. All at his cost and no Q's asked. Wasn't even his fault, would have been a postage issue.

    I'm sure he didn't make a cent out of me, top bloke from my experience.

    Rob
    Anyone can put a sausage on a barbeque, the skill is in knowing when to take it off.


    " You don't win friends with salad" (Homer Simpson)

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    809
    Alright, got my stuff!

    Thanks for making it right, Dan.

  26. #26
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Good to see he's not wasting time hanging out on this forum. Sounds like he's got a lot of work to do. ISAR is a stand up dude... no doubt he's slaving away to fulfill orders as we speak.

    --Sparty
    I wrote the words above 2.5 years ago. Around the time I wrote them, I was ordering -- and receiving -- product from HBC. Good product and in a timely manner. I've got two HBC ti chainrings plus a steel SS cog. Better times for HBC back then, evidently. Anyway I wrote what I wrote and it was true when I wrote it.

    So I took about a year and a half away from MTBR; just got back a few weeks ago and found that two years after I wrote the words above somebody neg rep'd me for saying it. The comment the neg rep'r left was, "Oops. Kinda wrong about HBC eh?"

    Um... okay. Turns out it looks like HBC screwed the pooch, alright. But not at the time I wrote what I wrote. What kinda dewschbawg would neg rep somebody 2 years after saying something that was accurate at the time they said it?

    I mean, really rydbyk? Really? So I sent rydbyk a friend request. I mean what else can I do? I don't neg rep peeps anymore. Except Jaybo.

    And maybe rydbyk.

    Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. Good axiom. But for dog's sake don't say anything positive about someone even if it's true. Someday they might piss somebody off... and you might pay for it.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,225
    haha... usually that user has a good attitude about this situation. Believe me, if anyone was gonna get neg reps for posts about HBC, it would be me. I think maybe it was just a misunderstanding.

    BTW, 48 weeks and counting on my order.

  28. #28
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    I wrote the words above 2.5 years ago. Around the time I wrote them, I was ordering -- and receiving -- product from HBC. Good product and in a timely manner. I've got two HBC ti chainrings plus a steel SS cog. Better times for HBC back then, evidently. Anyway I wrote what I wrote and it was true when I wrote it.

    So I took about a year and a half away from MTBR; just got back a few weeks ago and found that two years after I wrote the words above somebody neg rep'd me for saying it. The comment the neg rep'r left was, "Oops. Kinda wrong about HBC eh?"

    Um... okay. Turns out it looks like HBC screwed the pooch, alright. But not at the time I wrote what I wrote. What kinda dewschbawg would neg rep somebody 2 years after saying something that was accurate at the time they said it?

    I mean, really rydbyk? Really? So I sent rydbyk a friend request. I mean what else can I do? I don't neg rep peeps anymore. Except Jaybo.

    And maybe rydbyk.

    Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. Good axiom. But for dog's sake don't say anything positive about someone even if it's true. Someday they might piss somebody off... and you might pay for it.

    --sParty
    Sparticus,

    First rule about rep = don't talk about your rep.

    I am sure I disagreed with you big time if I neg'd you. I think I have neg'd abt 15 times and have over 2000 fairly positive and helpful comments and contributions.

    The HBC charlie foxtrot got the best of me. I admit that. I refuse to get dragged back into that.

    I hope Dan sorts things out, but whatever... I accepted your friend request. Lets go drink a beer.

    -Ryd

    ** So I went back to try to figure out why you were neg'd. I think post #12 where you called everyone who was having issues with HBC "a**holes" is what did it?

    Maybe it was another comment like that that you made.

    Water under the bridge at this point. Sorry if I ruined your day.
    Last edited by rydbyk; 01-10-2013 at 11:52 PM.

  29. #29
    The need for singlespeed
    Reputation: zaskaranddriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    973
    Shocking!

    I got an anonymous neg for an innocuous comment a while ago. I was puzzled as to why. Then when Francois changed the system to indicate who leaves rep, I could see who the negger was. Guess who. ^^^

  30. #30
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by zaskaranddriver View Post
    Shocking!

    I got an anonymous neg for an innocuous comment a while ago. I was puzzled as to why. Then when Francois changed the system to indicate who leaves rep, I could see who the negger was. Guess who. ^^^
    Um... rydbyk?

    =S
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  31. #31
    Stateline Falls, Watauga
    Reputation: JeffL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    232
    Curious. I can make the same claim. Only neg rep I've ever received, and from the same member. Also for an innocuous comment...

    Nice feature to be able to see who's leaving positive rep. I couldn't give a flip about the negative feedback unless it was to alert me I had given truly bad advice to someone.
    It never gets easier, you just go faster. -Greg LeMond
    I'm not as fast as I think I am. -JeffL

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    435
    who digs up an old post to neg rep someone, and then gets upset when he gets called out for it. weird. I dont get the whole rep thing anyways.

  33. #33
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,822

    O to the M to the G

    Yep...neg'd some HBC sympathizers in the HBC thread. Of my total 15 (maybe less) neg reps ever, most likely 97.6% of them were in the HBC thread.

    I think we can see why NOW correct?

    I think I mentioned that already.

    Carry on.

  34. #34
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    Yep...neg'd some HBC sympathizers in the HBC thread. Of my total 15 (maybe less) neg reps ever, most likely 97.6% of them were in the HBC thread.

    I think we can see why NOW correct?

    I think I mentioned that already.

    Carry on.
    I just neg rep'd you for your lack of contrition. You know, real time stuff, not something you did over two years ago. I wouldn't have hit you if you'd just apologized... which would be the stand up thing to do now.

    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  35. #35
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    I just neg rep'd you for your lack of contrition. You know, real time stuff, not something you did over two years ago. I wouldn't have hit you if you'd just apologized... which would be the stand up thing to do now.

    =sParty
    Sorry sParty

  36. #36
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    Sorry sParty
    Thanks. I hope you don't take any more neg hits.

    =S

    Edit: BTW, I just added myself into the other thread in pursuit of HBR's head... or my product... or my money. I hate this ****.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •