Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

IRO RobRoy - anybody riding one?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  toadstool 
#1 ·
Looking for a commuter SS project to build and the IRO Rob Roy frame caught my eye. If you got one, hows it ride, hows the quality and what does it weigh? If you ordered from IRO, how was the service?

#2 ·
hu-man said:
Looking for a commuter SS project to build and the IRO Rob Roy frame caught my eye. If you got one, hows it ride, hows the quality and what does it weigh? If you ordered from IRO, how was the service?
my rob roy just arrived yesterday, i havent had much time to ride it, but from the little that i have taken it out, its a blast, really smooth ride.

i actually called tony about buying a rob roy a month or so ago, and he was so helpful. i actually have a very different build than the regular build (i bought the rob complete.) he set me up with a 58cm 46/16 fixed with the black fixed wheel set and a more aggresive stem. so he can pretty much do it any way you want.

ill get back to you on the official ride report when i finally have time to get it out for a spin.

#3 ·
I'm going to to order the frame and wheelset soon and build the rest up myself.
It's going to be a commuter with racks and fenders, mary bars or similiar (bontrager trekking bars?), and a brooks saddle if i can come up with the dough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.