mtbr member

Ibis Silk Ti with ENO Eccentric Hub

I have read previous posts about running a softtail as a singlespeed but was wondering if anyone has specifically tried a Ibis Silk Ti softtail with a Eno Eccentric rear hub. I have tried the Eno with a Moots YBB and maybe lost the chain once or twice (blamed it on rear hub slippage at the time) but am concerned it the additional travel will accentuate the shortening chainstay length during compression.

Anyone have real world experience? I did find 2 vague reports of people trying this in previous threads.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Not first hand but I used to ride with someone who eno'd a Silk Ti . It worked out fine , very nice bike too!

i ride bikez!!11!
    Aug 2006
    I rode a Fango (Ibis Ripley) for a while with an ENO and it was great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have been riding my Silk-TI that way for 2 years. It is a great setup. I have never dropped a chain. The Silk-Ti is a great great bike. I have recently ordered the new shock parts that are available. Haven't had a chance to install them yet.

mtbr member
    I actually spoke with John Castellano today and he said that he would ideally recommend a chain tensioner but that he knows of people who are running the Silk Ti with the ENO with no problems to date.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

I built her up tonight. Just need to scavenge a front disc brake and rear brake lever and I'll be rollin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack Calhoun
    I have been riding my Silk-TI that way for 2 years. It is a great setup. I have never dropped a chain. The Silk-Ti is a great great bike. I have recently ordered the new shock parts that are available. Haven't had a chance to install them yet.
    Haystack,
    I thought you might be around, how are things?
    Funny, I just rode Wilton loop with John yesterday and your name came up...hope things are good
    BTW it's about 20 freakin degrees out right now!

Davis

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lactic
    I actually spoke with John Castellano today and he said that he would ideally recommend a chain tensioner but that he knows of people who are running the Silk Ti with the ENO with no problems to date.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

I built her up tonight. Just need to scavenge a front disc brake and rear brake lever and I'll be rollin'!
    that Ibis is pure s e x

mtbr member
    Change in the plan!

I got a steal on a Blacksheep Highlight with Paragon sliders so the SS Ibis has to go!

I built her up as a geared bike and slapped her in the classifieds. Look for the WI ENO hub in the classifieds shortly too.

Now the wait for the "man in brown" begins...