Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I shagged my sister...

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Sparticus 
#1 ·
...And this is the thanks that I get! An Inbred. A discounted Inbred, no less!

So here the latest addition to the stable, an On*One Inbred (yes, we all know where I bought this from) built up from a few parts 'borrowed' from my Surly 1x1 (which is undergoing its own transformation at the mo).

It sports a Kona Project 2 fork, with LX/Rhyno Lite wheels. The wheels hold an IRC Trailbear 2.5 up front and a Kenda Kolossal DH 2.6 in the rear. There's a bit of beef on these wheels.

I continue to be a big fan of FSA, so I went with an FSA Orbit XLII headset, FSA FR230 60mm oversized stem, FSA FR320 handlebar, and an FSA V-drive Extreme crankarms (which hold a RaceFace 32T chainring, a Salsa trials bashguard, and some Ritchey SPD pedals)

As you can see, the Trailbear 2.5 is a terrible tall tire (who am I kidding, it's a beast overall), so I get little to no clearance between the tire and the plastic thingy (have no idea what it's called) that wraps around the v-brake cable. The Kolossal 2.6 is about near the limits in the rear as well. I think the frame's rated to take a 2.7 tire, but we all know the variances that come with tire specs.

And here's the rear end of the bike. Chris King 20T steel cog sandwiched between two sections of PVC pipe. The sliding dropouts were as easy to set up as expected. I love the fact that it's all about 'set it and forget it'.

It's not seen any dirt yet, that's why it's still so clean. I've only taken it around the block for a bit of a shakedown. I think the chainline can probably be finetuned by hair's breadth. Other than that, I need to find some time, take it out the dirt, and pray that nothing falls off.

Funny how when I was in the market for a singlespeed frameset about half a year ago, it came down to the Surly 1x1 and the On*One Inbred. At that time, the 1x1 was the smarter choice. And then, somehow I ended up with both. What the hell.

See less See more
#5 ·
SpinWheelz said:
...And this is the thanks that I get! An Inbred. A discounted Inbred, no less!

So here the latest addition to the stable, an On*One Inbred (yes, we all know where I bought this from) built up from a few parts 'borrowed' from my Surly 1x1 (which is undergoing its own transformation at the mo).

It sports a Kona Project 2 fork, with LX/Rhyno Lite wheels. The wheels hold an IRC Trailbear 2.5 up front and a Kenda Kolossal DH 2.6 in the rear. There's a bit of beef on these wheels.

Dang, from the title of this post, I was expecting something much different. Thats a beautiful On One, but if you want some real inbred action...

#12 ·
Hey Spinwheelz....I tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full so I could not....anyway, wanted to let you know i was sorry about the Fleegle bar that you wanted to buy. I had posted it last night and it sold within one hour and I had deleted the ad already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.