Cracker-magnon

I must have wronged her....

The fixie and i had a minor disagreement on which direction was up. Apperently she felt the rubber side was supposed to be up there. Wish I could have watched it happen, didn't hurt much so it must have been preety funny looking to see a guy go over the handle bars still clipped in and hanging on. Scared the hell out of a few motorists though.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well ouch

Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    The fixie and i had a minor disagreement on which direction was up. Apperently she felt the rubber side was supposed to be up there. Wish I could have watched it happen, didn't hurt much so it must have been preety funny looking to see a guy go over the handle bars still clipped in and hanging on. Scared the hell out of a few motorists though.
    hope your ok. any blood?Pics? Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member

Cygnus

I'm riding fixie all winter. took a few rides to get used to not coasting. each time i had a brain lapse and stopped pedealing, the momentum nearly pitched over the bars. getting into the groove, now, though. still, anticipating what's ahead is even more important than SS freewheel riding. not sure what happened to you...hope you're ok.

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    I'm riding fixie all winter. took a few rides to get used to not coasting. each time i had a brain lapse and stopped pedealing, the momentum nearly pitched over the bars. getting into the groove, now, though. still, anticipating what's ahead is even more important than SS freewheel riding. not sure what happened to you...hope you're ok.
    I'm doing the same this winter - training myself to pedal circles and KEEP pedaling. I was on the bike path here on New Years day and I was trying to catch a rider that was ahead of me and I stood up to sprint a few times at the end of the ride and left some nice skid marks on the path where I locked up the wheel trying to coast to sit back down.... that will freak you out each time!

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

34N 118W
    wow! C'mon man - you're my fixie mentor dammit. Can't be setting those kind of examples. W'happen?

glad you didn't get run over.
    HW

Quote Originally Posted by gpsser

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    wow! C'mon man - you're my fixie mentor dammit. Can't be setting those kind of examples. W'happen?

glad you didn't get run over.
    HW
    I had combined a commuting day with a gym day(with a small amount of leg work) I was looking to not fry my legs by hammering on the way home, so I was just cruising along, went to lay down a skid to stop at a light, leaned forward, locked the wheels, and this funny thing hapened, the front of the bike stopped moving. I hit a crack and pothole that I had never noticed before. Guess I learned my lesson about letting my guard down on slow cruises.
    I'll be good to go tomorrow though.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

badjenny fan club founder
    I've been commuting on a fixed road bike for about 6 years, with only one bad accident. I was using an old freewheel hub with a quick release. Nov' of 2002 I was climbing a hill on my way home from work, I didn't have the QR tight enough, and jerked the rear wheel sideways. When the tire hit the chainstay it locked up, which locked the pedals, and I couldn't move enough to get control of the bike, being out of the saddle and with all my weight forward hammering up the hill. I went over the bars, landed on my outstretched right hand and my chin. Now I have a 5 inch scar on my right wrist, and a little t-shaped metal plate with 5 screws inside.
    Oh yeah, and a Surly rear hub.
    With bolts.
    Really tight bolts.