Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

I Finally Got One!

yesterday, i change in the bathroom...ready for my fixie ride home. I don the biking suit, helmet on, bla bla bla...I walk my bike out of the warehouse.

I get on the bike, a few pedal strokes later, I was assured, it was a saddle sore. I'll name it Suzie.

Suzie and me haven't met. She makes sure I know she's there. I felt her all the way home. I got home, kissed Sarah and Annabel...Suzie wasn't too bad then.

I decided to take a shower. Suzie came with me. A nice hot shower. Hopefully it will aleviate Suzie...

This morning, Suzie hurt more...I tried the popping technique...not only was it a very private moment with Suzie, it hurt like hell. Suzie is still there.

I drove today. Hurts too much.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 07-07-2005 at 09:11 AM. Reason: 1

King Pin

Good job! Hehe

Just wait 'til you get the "ugly red chafies 'tween the cheekage"....riding fixie (especially on the road where you sit more) can cause all sorts of butt grief! Ahhh...but it's so worth it, isn't it??

Kinda hard to stand up on the flats and downhills in order to get some relief!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    be carefull, my friend is a orthopedic surgen and has told me that suzy can get around. my friend has spent many a time in the OR carving and scrapping out an infected soar on some ones rear. i had one my elbow, it felt like a giant pimple deep under the skin, and my friend had to cut it out for me... in his kitchen with no numbing. ouch.
    better on my elbow than on my arse.

so if it doesnt go away and it gets real soar... get it checked out. they can end up as staff infections.

no fat chicks
    and you had to post that because ????
    you need to get a blog or something
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member

Ernesto

Quote Originally Posted by iliketoridebikes
    because I am Ernesto, that's why. You just won't get it.

waaaay ahead of you on that one, www.hbfk.com

A la choy!

cause it's fun
    Jan 2004
    I guess your avatar say's it all.
    bus driver wanna be

F@CK da dumb
    You're not from around here, are ya?

Welcome to MTBR/SS. EFW is an elder. You should repect your elders.

Account Retired
    Wow!....I am the one degree of separation between Ernesto and Danno (iliketoridefatchicks) I mean (iliketoridebikes). If you met Ernesto, Danno, you would laugh till your generic carnation instant breakfast shake shot out your nose.

Now kiss and make up,

g

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesabbath
    so if it doesnt go away and it gets real soar... get it checked out. they can end up as staff infections.
    Often they are staph infections! If it's progressed beyond just red and raw (which it sounds like it has) there's a very good chance it's staphoreus. If it doesn't go away within a few days I'd definitely get it checked out.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

no fat chicks
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    Wow!....I am the one degree of separation between Ernesto and Danno (iliketoridefatchicks) I mean (iliketoridebikes). If you met Ernesto, Danno, you would laugh till your generic carnation instant breakfast shake shot out your nose.

Now kiss and make up,

g
    bend over and i'll give you a few more degrees of separation
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

Misfit Psycles
    always well written. but somehow when i opened the thread i expected a picture. that is not an invitation.

also, attached to suzie or not, i had better not hear of her touching the grudge. all warranties are void and all bets are off if she does.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member

crap!

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    always well written. but somehow when i opened the thread i expected a picture. that is not an invitation.

also, attached to suzie or not, i had better not hear of her touching the grudge. all warranties are void and all bets are off if she does.
    Then I better put a bandaid on it because tomorrow night I am meeting Gofast and Lakeraven for a night time Kettle Moraine ride.

No way am I going to leave a picture in the forum of my hairy brown star. if you want to look at brown stars, there's www.drunkcyclist.com. he's infatuated with them. Suzie feels better now. I went to the bathroom and did the 10-4 check on her. Not as white as not as hateful.

Saddlesores should just not be permitted.

Misfit Psycles
    you and suzie busy in august?
    feel like coming down to Toronto the 20-21? it will be warmer then okcooonnnccooommowakee.
    official invite here:
    SS Riders Wanted
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member

Gaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    you and suzie busy in august?
    feel like coming down to Toronto the 20-21? it will be warmer then okcooonnnccooommowakee.
    official invite here:
    SS Riders Wanted
    I can't go then. Full catalog production going on here. Sorry man! I will treat the Grudge with respect.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    So you've met Suzie too?
    I've met her...all too often. When she visits, I dab some Vaseline on her head before a ride, which seems to keep the heat/chaffing down on her and prevents her from getting angrier on that ride, allows the emotional healing to take place.
    Then, after I clean her up post ride, I powder her face with Gold Bond medicated powder to keep her cool and temperate.
    With that situation, Suzie doesn't visit too often anymore....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    BAG BALM!!! for the daily ride.
    Riding single speed is my Crossfit!

mtbr member

massage

Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    BAG BALM!!! for the daily ride.
    I need to give Suzie a massage...problem is...it excites me.
    I'm going to the bait shop later. Buy a jar of live leeches. Leech on Suzie! WUAHAHAHA! WUAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Leech: schluuurrrrp!
    me: no more Suzie. RIP with a poured down Mickey's.

Good idea or bad?

34N 118W

New question here. 'splain...

I don't know if I've ever had a saddle sore. (hang on, here's where it gets bumpy. Literally)

After a century earlier this year, I did develop a nice little zit-like sore that I interpreted as an ingrown hair. Right on the inner fold on my cheek/leg. Hurt like a mother. And I had the Vision Quest race coming up and I knew something had to be done, stat. A little topical antisthetic, a shot of Patron and a tear-inducing squeeze later and the deal was done. I poured some Patron on it and stuffed a shop rag down my shorts and reached for the remote, a happy camper.

was that a saddle sore or just a boil/zit/cyst/alien probe remnant?

mtbr member

it

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    I don't know if I've ever had a saddle sore. (hang on, here's where it gets bumpy. Literally)

After a century earlier this year, I did develop a nice little zit-like sore that I interpreted as an ingrown hair. Right on the inner fold on my cheek/leg. Hurt like a mother. And I had the Vision Quest race coming up and I knew something had to be done, stat. A little topical antisthetic, a shot of Patron and a tear-inducing squeeze later and the deal was done. I poured some Patron on it and stuffed a shop rag down my shorts and reached for the remote, a happy camper.

was that a saddle sore or just a boil/zit/cyst/alien probe remnant?
    that's exactly what Suzie is. Does a vasectomy hurt more?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    So you've met Suzie too?
    I've met her...all too often. When she visits, I dab some Vaseline on her head before a ride, which seems to keep the heat/chaffing down on her and prevents her from getting angrier on that ride, allows the emotional healing to take place.
    Then, after I clean her up post ride, I powder her face with Gold Bond medicated powder to keep her cool and temperate.
    Don't use vaseline, make sure your protection is water based like KY or astroglide as the oil based stuff is bad for your chamois. It makes your girlfriend wonder when you head into the bathroom with the KY right before heading out on a ride but it's always fun to keep those womenfolk guessing anyhow.

Used to get them when I lived back in Laramie during school. I wouldn't ride all winter and then would hit it hard in the spring and would invariably get saddle sores. Now that I am in Norcal and can ride year round, I don't have those problems unless something forces a long layoff from the bike.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    I've had 'em plenty...They suck...

My cure....

1 - Warsh REAL good, and get out of your chamois as quick as possible...no lingering (though we all know you like to)

2 - After good warshing, coat that beast up w/ Burts Bees Res-Q ointment...it is green...you will like it...

3 - If the Burt's doesn't fix it...straight Tea Tree Oil after warshing...you will like it too...it tingles

4 - Say goodbye to Suzie

Seriously I use this technique and they usually clear up in two or three days.

LP

Big Fat Slow Dude
    May 2005

First off...

That Ernesto guy... what a dork. I have it on good authority that his fixxie is really just a Schwinn three-speed with a Wizzer motor installed. The Wizzer is the ORIGINAL accessory for the HBFK!

That said... it is good to know I am not alone in my saddle-soreness. I also thought it must just be an ingrown hair, but they are coming more often now that I am putting more and more miles on the bike. How you guys cannot just grit your teeth and pop them, I have no idea. They beg for such treatment.

I use a healty amount of Chamois Butt'r for every ride, but still I am getting them. Tomorrow I'll change out saddles and see if that is the problem. I have a medium sized cushy one on my road bike now, and I think it might just be too wide. And that is hard to believe given the size of my ass.

mtbr member
    Oh my gawd, this thread was like a bad traffic accident. I just couldn't turn away! Although I have never (That I know of!) had a saddle sore (Cross fingers!) now I know how to handle one. Not like I really wanted to. I thinkI am gonna hurl!

Mangina?

Gold Bond!

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    So you've met Suzie too?
    MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere online that I can buy the gold bond powder? Cant get it in australia and i have a british bulldog that gets super sloppy and loads of skin problems and i have been trying to locate this stuff everywhere!!!

help a lad and his bullie out....

mtbr member
    Chamois BUTT'r!!!
    -Marshall Hance
    EndlessBikeCo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast